Sign in to follow this  

DRZ110 w/ manual clutch - Kick start gets no compression sometimes

2005 DRZ110, manaul clutch kit, 4th gear... bbr intake, some exhaust jewelry (think it is BBR or FMF), and carb re-jetted.... New valves & springs, compression tested great, complete "tune up" and basic overhaul (not too much done because all else tested great and motor runs great)

Sometimes it gets NO compressio when kick starting... have to put it 1st or 2nd and rock it back and forth, or try to kick start it while in gear.

We all know to NEVER EVER try to kick start it with the clutch held in with this manual clutch kit... and, even when I am certain that hasn't happened, the issue still occurs.

Just wondering if any of you have ever experienced this issue and may have some tips about what we can check out - perhaps a bad spring or something loose. I really don't want to tear it all apart again for this gremlin, if I don't have to...

Thanks.

Sure sounds like you need to get HD clutch springs ...

But first ...., Check the clutch plates for wear and glazing .. If are all good .., And if it's a stock 110 bore ? .., you should be able to run 4 HD clutch springs .. But if has anything bigger than 110 cc's ? .., then you deff need to add all 6 hd clutch springs ..

Silly me... found the problem... Went over everything tonight - I spoke with the guy who helped me with the manual kit and we did (he actually did this part) install 3 HD springs and 3 new stock springs with the manual clutch kit, clutch plates were also replaced so they are all good, too.

Still experiencing the problem - started a complete spot check of everything. He recommended I check the cable tension - UGH - that was it... the kids must have dinked with the manual clutch cable adjusters or we didn't tighten them down and they tightened themselves too tight (unlikely). Anyhow, realized that the clutch was partially engaged due to the cable being too tight... I minor and super simple adjustment there and the problem appears to be cured.

Thanks for the advice though! Much appreciated