Sign in to follow this  

is the 250 2 stroke legal in the lites class as far as amature racing ?

keep hearing both sides of the story and just wanted to kno if anyone knows for sure

You can run a 250T in the 250 class in AMA amateur racing.

see i just read all the fact satellite teams protested it cuz it wasnt fair but i also dont think its fair for the pc bikes to have 52 hp in the lites class i think it would actually level the playing field cuz the lites class is turning into cart racing whoever has the most money and a 5 hp advantage wins.....the privateers are 10 hp down and thats just stupid .......guess im so angry cuz ive been there but it wasnt this bad in 04 lol

ask whatever organization sanctions the races you plan on racing. i've found specific rules to vary a lot between even some local organizations.

see i just read all the fact satellite teams protested it cuz it wasnt fair but i also dont think its fair for the pc bikes to have 52 hp in the lites class i think it would actually level the playing field cuz the lites class is turning into cart racing whoever has the most money and a 5 hp advantage wins.....the privateers are 10 hp down and thats just stupid .......guess im so angry cuz ive been there but it wasnt this bad in 04 lol

What you're talking here isn't amateur racing, that's Pro Racing with it's own set of rules.

lol, there i no way any 250f pro bike is making 52hp maybe 45 tops but even that is a stretch

lol, there i no way any 250f pro bike is making 52hp maybe 45 tops but even that is a stretch

A Mitch Peyton special, designed to last 30 minutes +2 laps, can make 52HP pretty easily. Don't ask what the cost is on the crank, rod, or piston. Probably more than the cost of a KX250F from your local dealer. Think about it, a stock BMW 1000RR makes almost 200HP and comes with a full factory warranty and the expectations for that engine to last for thousands of hours on pump gas.