Sign in to follow this  

tire help

im in need of some new tires for my bike. i primarily ride offroad so am looking for an aggressive tire. i primarily ride trails and some areas with lots of sand. but also want decent traction in hardpack and rocky areas. so far i have narrowed down to 2 choices. ac10 and xcmh. any suggestions or reviews for these 2? or others. the ac10s are a bit cheaper.

I had an AC10 on the front of mine, it was not a happy experience, even with the other issues I had at the time, it never felt confidence inspiring.

Read more bad reports on the AC10 than good as opposed to mostly good reports on the XCMH.

Edited by Thumpin_Black_DRZ

D606 dunlops cheap and work great off road when treads there...motorcycle superstore has it the cheapest like 160? For both shipped

Well the only comparible tire imo are the xcmhs...and quite frankly I think its opinion which is better, fact of the matter is that whether ones really better than the other I don't think your going to see a massive improvement of one over the other...

I ride offroad all the time and have had excellent luck with Maxxis Deset IT's. They hold up great in the rocks, have never chunked out, provide great traction on the hard pack and, to me, are extremely stable feeling. I run a 120 on the back.