Sign in to follow this  

Second Crash Handlebar's Bent!

Ok so I have a new 2012 crf450r it has 9 hrs on the bike. The bike has done very well, as far as breaking down but I took a hard hit the other day and already bent my handlebar's:bonk: Are these a weak point on the crf??? I figured the twin wall handlebar's would have been good and would have done better???? Just feeling you all in and was just wandering has anyone done this on there newer model crf yet?

Thanks for all replies:ride:

The stock 7/8" Renthals are excellent.

A stronger oversized bar will give you harsher feedback from the front end. It's up to you decide if you want the smoother feel of the stock Renthal or a bar that is less prone to bending during a crash. One upside to the stock bar is there is always plenty of new take-offs on ebay and sometimes they sell for very cheap. Here's a new set for $39. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RENTHAL-7-8-HANDLEBARS-PAD-917-NEW-OFF-2012-HONDA-CRF250R-/190622564505?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c61fd8099

you may know this already.. but are you sure the bars are bent or could it be the risers are twisted in the upper clamp? look at the bar clamps from the side, (the clamps actually holding the bars, not the tripple clamp that holds the fork tubes).

The entire front end can get twisted in even a reasonable fall. loosen the upper fork pinchbolts on the upper clamp, and the upper bar clamp a little. grab the wheel with your front legs and twist the bars in each direction.

Hey I got a 2012 crf250r with 9 hours and I have already bent and broke a lot of parts. I bent my radiator, plastic shroud, rear brake pedal was all twisted. I dont know if they are using cheaper parts or what because on my 07 crf250r I have crashed at least a hundred times and have only broke my front brake lever.

Stock the bike does not come with Twinwalls. If you really did bend a set of Twinwalls that thing took a good hit. We bent the mounting bolt to ours but the bars survived.

To his defense, I've seen a local honda shop put some red twinwalls on some of their bikes as an incentive to sell the bike. I mean it's kinda hard to mistake twinwalls for true stock renthals lol

Hey I got a 2012 crf250r with 9 hours and I have already bent and broke a lot of parts. I bent my radiator, plastic shroud, rear brake pedal was all twisted. I dont know if they are using cheaper parts or what because on my 07 crf250r I have crashed at least a hundred times and have only broke my front brake lever.

parts like that is probably why they are so much lighter than the other 450's.

Well I feel stupid telling you that my handlebars were twin wall's and that they are bent. Apparently they were knocked out of place more than anything. They are bent very little if any. Sorry for the miscomuncation.