Sign in to follow this  

Engine Rebuilder

My 2002 xr400 motor is in need of a rebuild. I live in California and was wondering if anyone knows of an engine rebuilder that knows these engines inside and out to rebuild it! I could do it myself but just don't have the time, any help would be appreciated, Thanks Ed

I live In Fresno, but I'm up and down from one end to the other.

My mechanic is in Citrus Heights (Sacramento area) and does top-notch work at fair prices. He is not an expert on any particular make or model -- he does it all. Graduated from MMI a year ago and is now running a maintenance & repair shop out of his garage. He recently did a top end on my old XR500R and it runs superb. He's now doing the top end on my YZ400F, and also has some other bikes like quads and street bikes in his shop for service or repairs. He will work on anything, he's even taken jobs for lawnmowers, tractors and weed whackers. The only downside is that his turnaround is a bit slow because he works on several bikes at a time and is always waiting for parts delivery or machine work (cylinders and heads), etc. So I highly recommend him if you are not in a giant hurry. If you are interested, send me a PM and I'll give you his contact info.