Sign in to follow this  

Whatcha guys think of my bike?

Your bike looks pretty nice the way it is. Normally I don't like Metal Mullisha graphics, but it certainly doesn't look bad on your bike. There is no reason to go to the 07 imo, especially if you ride off road in california.

Motor be same. Suspension be major difference. CaveMike live in Sf Bay Area too. You do best keep green sticker bike, get suspension revalve. Alum frame look cooler, but no really make difference. CaveMike like shiny though, him understand.

• Like 1

Ive just been kinda confused everyone is telling me the newer aluminum framed bikes are better and dont waste money on modding you r02 when your just gonna end up buying a newer bike anyway. So what you guys think i should do ?

If you really want an 06+ then by all means get one but the differences (frame/susp) arent worth giving up the chance to ride all year long. I just ride my bike, I cant tell the difference in suspension. They both absorb bumps to me.

If you want updated suspension, just swap out shock and front end with 06+ YZ. Maybe someone else can confirm the swap will work with steel framed bike. I did this with my old 05. I didnt notice a difference, but at least i could tell people my bike had updated suspension!!

So front and rear suspension? Im gonna be honest im so lost when it comes to suspension, any ideas or suggestions on what to do ?

Pretty nice bike, not really a metal mulisha graphics fan but your bikes clean for sure. Need to get us some rain out at carnegie! Weirdly miss that place a little bit

Motor be same. Suspension be major difference. CaveMike live in Sf Bay Area too. You do best keep green sticker bike, get suspension revalve. Alum frame look cooler, but no really make difference. CaveMike like shiny though, him understand.

LOL ***? Really? I lol'd...

The rear susp can be revalved to equal the current shock. The 02 forks suck.. Get some 06+fotks. They are the only major difference (you will feel) between yours and a 07.

I say keep your bike. I sold my 98 4 years back and all by fate just bought it back. Lesson learned. Never parting with it again. If I get another bike in the future, it won't be at the expense of this one. You own a non production steel frame 2 stroke. Keep it.

LOL ***? Really? I lol'd...

This must be you're first encounter with cavemike..he's awesome, just hasn't been around for a while. All his posts are like that, funny as hell and he adds some substance too. Welcome back Cavemike:thumbsup:

This must be you're first encounter with cavemike..he's awesome, just hasn't been around for a while. All his posts are like that, funny as hell and he adds some substance too. Welcome back Cavemike:thumbsup:

seriously whered you go! I missed your posts

There was an article not too long ago where chad reed claims his favorite bike of all time was his last steel framed yz250. He claims the new aluminum frame gave them lots of tuning headaches. Dont quote me but i remember reading that aluminum frames are harder to mass produce and end up with the same rigidity or flexability in each one.