Sign in to follow this  

need help getting started on conversion

hey all, need some help converting my 1974 kawasaki mc1m 90 to a mc1a. does any one know of a fair priced kit for older bikes? or am i just gonna have to find an old dual sport and mount things up that way. i have a year to do this, then its off to conconully to visit my buddy rick. Ive been beating my brains out over this one and just need some pointers from those who know.

Most of the kits are now more or less "universal" in nature. Kick start or electric are the differences now. For cheap you can't touch Tusk (Rocky Mountain ATV) kit for $179 not including headlight (another $59 gets you a very nice unit). For easiest Baja Designs.

BUT is your 74 12v electronics?

Can you plate 90cc in Washington?

Not highway legal anywhere, so depending on how far Conconully is, you might want to rething this.

Most of the kits are now more or less "universal" in nature. Kick start or electric are the differences now. For cheap you can't touch Tusk (Rocky Mountain ATV) kit for $179 not including headlight (another $59 gets you a very nice unit). For easiest Baja Designs.

BUT is your 74 12v electronics?

Can you plate 90cc in Washington?

Not highway legal anywhere, so depending on how far Conconully is, you might want to rething this.

Idk on the 12v, i don't know which wires in the harnes to check, and yes a 90 can be plated in WA I used to ride a cl90 all the time

okay so update, i checked the pink wire in the harness, 6.0v ac - 25.0v ac yellow wire fluctuated between 1000v and 1800v ac ***? I think the pink is my main lighting wire, so what is the yellow one for, and why does it fluctuate? i also have a wire to my cdi/kill-switch and one other that i have no clue what it does

I think it's fair to say you're going to be EXTREMELY lucky to find someone that knows specifics for that obscure/old/small a bike. More likely to find help on the Kaw part of the site.