Sign in to follow this  

08 cr125/167

Just picked up a used CR125 with the Maxx Power 167 kit, it's bored and stroked. :smirk:

It has a CR ignition, and since it has little flywheel effect, I'm thinking about the WR ignition for it. I'm a +50 rider that rides primarily woods and H/S only.

I would like to ride some enduros too and am wondering how to set up some lights on it.

Anyone have any thoughts about the WR ignition change?

Any flywheel weight options available?

Any lighting ideas?

Thanks in advance.

just find someone breaking a wr, i have a wr converted to cr, although alot older than your bike, theres very little work involved, like i said if you find someone breaking a wr they should be able to give you the lot, only a few wires, and if you intend on hooking the brake lights up then its jsut a different banjo bolt on your rear master cylinder, and a small switch fitted to the front brake lever :smirk:

Where in wisconsin??! Can I ride it?!!:smirk:

They talk great about that setup on their website. In unrelated news, maxpower just botched a re-nikasil job on my Honda 167 icebike cylinder, relegating it ito a $1200 doorstop.:bonk:

Here, a flywheel weight to add to yours. avail in 6, 8, 10, 12 oz options. I'd stay light.

http://www.steahlyoffroad.com/flywheel-weight.html?cat=52

I'm near Madison and yes you can ride it, as long as I can try your TC250.

I will be taking posession in March and will be looking to get it out ASAP. Sorry to hear about your ice bike, that sucks. My bike was raced all year by a AA rider so I'm sure the motor is sound.

Where are you located and what do you race?

Thanks for the reply on the flywheel weight too.

Thanks for the reply on the flywheel weight too.

I put a #8 Stealhy weight on my 2002 CR 125 ( gas-gas kit) ,

just enought flywheel for my Enduro / HS uses,

it will lug nicely now,

with a standard (wre)pipe,

for the lights , check-out the CR125 lighting thread on Cafe-H - old now But VERY good,

basically it was an aftermarket KTM 125 ignition/stator ( @$80) that had lighting built-in,

perfect..,

Charlie