Sign in to follow this  

Arizona Buckeye, AZ?

I may be relocating there at the end of January/early Feb for a job transfer... I know a little about the area from online, but what is it like from a dirt biker perspective?

I am a Vet MXer, but certainly wouldn't turn down GP style racing or off road if it were there... Thanks for the info.

I wish I lived in buckye. You got some great tracks over there. ACP is my favorite track and its more of a national style track. I live by queencreek/gilbert so its a 2 hour drive for me to get there. And then speedworld and canyon should only be about a 30 minute drive from buckye. So you got 3 close tracks. One of the track called grindingstone(best track by far) used to be here but it recently got shut down because some kids dad sued when the kid crashed and broke his pelvis.

The Buckeye/Goodyear area is seems like a nice clean place to live, and ACP is, IMO, the best track in the state. :smirk: I wish I lived there too!

dang.... ^^^ stuff like thats makes my decision even harder! I used to live in Sierra Vista and haven't been back to AZ since '95. I really liked the state as a whole and WVL seems super nice and very appealing Moto wise. Thanks for the help.

I live in Buckeye so I guess I should put my 2 cents in. It's great for ridding out here.

Close MX: ACP is 15 mins from me, Speedworld is about 40mins, and Canyon is about 50mins. If Grindingstone opens back up it's less than an hour as well. ALSO there will be a new track/offroad park opening up eventually 5 minutes down the road from me. They have the permits and everything, just need the funding. More on that later...

Offroad riding: I can go less than 5mins and ride a lot of offroad. Or there are PLENTY of other areas I know of all less than an hour away.

Racing: MX obviously, AMRA, AZOP, WORCS, etc.

If you do end up moving out here there are plenty of racing series to choose from. Even more so this year. Also keep in touch and I'll show you around! I ride every weekend. I live off the I10 and Miller RD area. Got a hell of a deal on a nice house!

Tyler

Great details Tyler! I would be in Buckeye by the 1st weekend of Feb... would be killer to have a local contact, Thanks.

Hey Tyler... me and some friends are heading out next weekend for the KTM ride day at ACP from San Diego... Wanted to get your input on some trail riding out there???

I live in Buckeye so I guess I should put my 2 cents in. It's great for ridding out here.

Close MX: ACP is 15 mins from me, Speedworld is about 40mins, and Canyon is about 50mins. If Grindingstone opens back up it's less than an hour as well. ALSO there will be a new track/offroad park opening up eventually 5 minutes down the road from me. They have the permits and everything, just need the funding. More on that later...

Offroad riding: I can go less than 5mins and ride a lot of offroad. Or there are PLENTY of other areas I know of all less than an hour away.

Racing: MX obviously, AMRA, AZOP, WORCS, etc.

If you do end up moving out here there are plenty of racing series to choose from. Even more so this year. Also keep in touch and I'll show you around! I ride every weekend. I live off the I10 and Miller RD area. Got a hell of a deal on a nice house!

Tyler

I may be relocating there at the end of January/early Feb for a job transfer... I know a little about the area from online, but what is it like from a dirt biker perspective?

I am a Vet MXer, but certainly wouldn't turn down GP style racing or off road if it were there... Thanks for the info.

check out www.arizonaoffroadpromotions.com

The BEST Grand Prix races and Team Races and now in addition to them also Desert Race Series! Feb 4-5 is the first Grand Prix and Team Race of 2012:banana:

Great details Tyler! I would be in Buckeye by the 1st weekend of Feb... would be killer to have a local contact, Thanks.

No problem. :smirk: I'll have to show you around. Do you know what part of Buckeye you will be moving to? Like I said, keep in touch, and we'll go play in the dirt!

Hey Tyler... me and some friends are heading out next weekend for the KTM ride day at ACP from San Diego... Wanted to get your input on some trail riding out there???

Ask away, seems like the questions/answers would help out the OP as well. I'll actually be at ACP to race On Sunday (AMRA RD3/AMA Hare Scrambles RD1) but I didn't know anything about the KTM ride day? What day are they doing that, Friday?

check out www.arizonaoffroadpromotions.com

The BEST Grand Prix races and Team Races and now in addition to them also Desert Race Series! Feb 4-5 is the first Grand Prix and Team Race of 2012:banana:

BTW this series is awesome if you enjoy GPs and the Team races are great as well! Looking forward to hopefully doing at least the first RD of the new Desert series, too many races, not enough "fun" money! :smirk:

The KTM ride day is the day after phonex supercross. SO I think january 15th.

Oh my bad, I thought he said "this" weekend haha. Yeah that sounds right to me although I haven't heard anything about it yet myself.