Sign in to follow this  

anyone have a spare Spanner wrench?

need to put head bearings in my old 93 im workin on and need a spanner wrench to get the top TT off

You need a 32mm socket or wrench. Northern Tools has 32mm sockets for $3.

Use a punch positioned perpendicular to one of the nubs on that tensioner nut. The torque spec is only a few ft/lbs.

sorry but I'm not understanding what you mean bud

If you're talking about the spanner nut below the top triple clamp you should be able to use a pair of channel locks on it. It shouldn't be very tight.

that is the one im talking about but i dont have enough room to get channel locks in there. the gap is pretty small.

You have to remove the top nut and top triple clamp to get to it. You will have to loosen the triple clamp pinch bolts (holds the forks in place) too. :smirk:

So, in this order: remove the handlebars, top triple clamp nut (32mm) and washer, loosen the top fork pinch bolts, remove the top triple clamp, remove the spanner nut and drop the lower triple clamp out.

Of course, remove the forks and front wheel before the above steps.

You have to remove the top nut and top triple clamp to get to it. You will have to loosen the triple clamp pinch bolts (holds the forks in place) too. :smirk:

So, in this order: remove the handlebars, top triple clamp nut (32mm) and washer, loosen the top fork pinch bolts, remove the top triple clamp, remove the spanner nut and drop the lower triple clamp out.

Of course, remove the forks and front wheel before the above steps.

ill give it another try