Sign in to follow this  

Guidance please

I have an 08 and have followed the guidance put forth in this forum, but apparently need a little more.

here's what I've done:

re-sprung front and rear for my weight

rejetted

removed AIS

Big gun slip on

1 tooth down on the front

My problem lies mostly in the suspension. I cannot keep the front wheel in the rut in turns, it wants to ride up out of them and the sharp little bumps on the trails are beating me to death. Also when on the tight single track stuff, where my speed is fairly low, the least little root or stump or whatever really upsets the front wheel.

I am still fairly new at trail riding and realize that alot of my issues are probably due to my inexperience, but I feel like the suspension needs some tweaking and I am not knowledgable enough to know what to do, so any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks

You'll get lots of suggestions here, but first everyone is going to want to know the following info:

How much do you weigh with your gear on?

What kind of riding do you do?

What springs are you running?

What is your rear suspension sag setting (ride height)?

What tires are you running? (Are they pretty fresh? What pressure(s) are you running?)

What is the position of your fork tubes in the triple-clamps (Are they slid up? How much?)

What front and rear damper settings are you running?

That's a lot of questions, but you'll get better info if everyone knows your setup.

You'll get lots of suggestions here, but first everyone is going to want to know the following info:

How much do you weigh with your gear on?

What kind of riding do you do?

What springs are you running?

What is your rear suspension sag setting (ride height)?

What tires are you running? (Are they pretty fresh? What pressure(s) are you running?)

What is the position of your fork tubes in the triple-clamps (Are they slid up? How much?)

What front and rear damper settings are you running?

That's a lot of questions, but you'll get better info if everyone knows your setup.

around 250 lbs

strictly trails (Highland Park in Ga)

I don't remember exactly, i ordered them according to the Racetech chart for my weight and riding type

I set the sag when i installed the springs, i think it was 4 inches

OEM Bridgestones, still in good shape, 12PSI front and rear

tubes are at the stock setting, flush with the top triple tree

all suspension settings are right in the middle of the range.

thanks,

Get your suspension valved...raise your forks a couple mm in the triple clamps and the front end works best at a higher speed in the tight stuff. Too slow and it tends to deflect...but valving will cure that.

Tubes flush with the top of the triple clamp? I though stock was 10mm?

Mine came new with the tubes up 10mm. That should help it turn better than if they are flush. I'd also be suspect of a 5 year old stock front tire. It may still have knobs left, but a fresh tire would probably help cornering grip a lot.

check and confirm your fork rebound and compression settings. Sounds like that may be the place to start. If they are out of wack or not set the same to each fork, you'd be in some trouble. Let us know what you find:thumbsup:

check and confirm your fork rebound and compression settings. Sounds like that may be the place to start. If they are out of wack or not set the same to each fork, you'd be in some trouble. Let us know what you find:thumbsup:

1+:smirk:

Had the same issue for me the it was the rebound and compression but that was with stock suspention find a good spot to test where you have the most problems and play with the clickers only small steps at first like a couple of clicks down then test it see how it responds.

Raise the tubes 10mm, if not better, increase rear sag. You gotta get more weight on the front end...your balance is wrong. Stock valving on this bike is excellent for offroad.