Sign in to follow this  

250 4stroke or 2 stroke?

my last bike was a crf250 which had many problems. im not looking to go red again but all other brands are open for me. i started racing and do a lot of trail and track racing, whats the good bike for me?

I agree that any bike can have problems if its not maintained. With that being said, I would look into a KTM 200/250 XC. I own a 300 XC and its a very versitile bike...from track to trail with a few clicks of the suspension. Of course, any bike has shortcomings when you stray from its inteneded use. However, Ive found the XCs have fewer shortcomings than riding a MX bike on the trail or a trail bike on the track.

i want a 300 :smirk:

They are worth every penny. I actually found a really good deal on mine...but that took about 1.5 years of looking almost daily on Craigslist.

simple as that^ the 250 2t put down the fastest lap times, but it also put down the slowest, if you can handle the power and know how to ride one fast, then the 250 2t is probably a good bike for you, if not then a 250f

I'd say go for a 250 2 stroke. They are cheaper to maintain and they are just a blast to ride!!! I personally would recomend a nice Yz250. they are awesome bikes but any 2 stroke you get you will enjoy. they are so fun to ride.

I personally have a 09 yz450f and i want to get another smoker but there are advantages of the four stroke and advantages of the 2 stroke. to tell you the truth i love both but like i said go for the smoker:thumbsup::smirk:

thanks and god bless

Alex