Sign in to follow this  

What Oil Should be Used?

I bought a 2000 sxc400 a week or so ago and want to change the oil I need to know what oil I should use. I was told 20-50w but all my other 4 strokes take 40w. I also notice two oil filters, one looks to be in a remote can and the other in the motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I bought a 2000 sxc400 a week or so ago and want to change the oil I need to know what oil I should use. I was told 20-50w but all my other 4 strokes take 40w. I also notice two oil filters, one looks to be in a remote can and the other in the motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I've tried Motul 10-40 and Motorex 10-40 & 10-50. My KTM 450 definitely shifts and performs better with the Motorex 10-50. This is wet muddy riding to hard rocky enduros.

Thanks for the feedback, do you or have you ever used engine ice in your cooling system? I havent and was thinking about trying it.

Been using Engine Ice since adding Mohard covers.

It's the only way to go. Do you have a cooling fan? I found it

To be very helpful.

I dont have a cooling fan, I was thinking about that as well. My bike doesnt seem to be running hot but I could see that happening on a knarly hill climb that takes several attemps on a warm day. Are there aftermarket ones or are they bike specific?