Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Metcalfe will win A1

I just have this feeling that no one will be paying attention to Brett Metcalfe as usual and he will win A1 while Stewart crashes and takes out Reed, RV and RD. I even have my STEWART IS DOWN!!! shirts printed up.

• Like 1

Wasn't it A1 last year that Metcalfe got the holeshot and was leading until he slid out in a corner?

Come on...he is tough and has always had skills and now confidence.

I'm gonna have to agree with you. If he is healthy and on his A game he could be a real threat. It seems when he gets a good start and charges up toward the front his confidence builds and he puts in some impressive laps.

think about it ............ word get''s out that RD is leaving Suzuki and all of a sudden BM starts getting a lot faster ....... hmmmm, I think RC might have switched his focus to the guy that they knew was going to be the # 1 guy on their team , and I would not be surprised if he pull's off some wins , he is just another one of the many that can win if the cards play out for him

I dig this thread, thinking outside the box :-) I'd love to see Metty pull off a surprise at A1. I agree that he has a chance to do it.

But, I also recognize that at least 4 guys have as good or a better chance to pull off the win. So, it's a pretty long shot for Metty. I think he's a better outdoor rider, maybe his time will come this summer. I'd be cool with that.

He's a hell of a tuff dude and pretty determined!

I think Metty will be a contender outdoors and will battle for some wins for sure. Not SX though. As I said before though, it is possible and Id love to see it happen! He will be my work horse in the fantasy league come time for the MX season

I think Metty will be a contender outdoors and will battle for some wins for sure. Not SX though. As I said before though, it is possible and Id love to see it happen! He will be my work horse in the fantasy league come time for the MX season

Have to agree with all that. And I think even Metty will agree he is better outdoors than in:thumbsup:

I for one would love to see Metty be the man to beat. That is the type of story that makes all things well in the world, Metty works his ass off, rises above the 5 fastest riders! AWESOME

you guys do know RV is showing up right!!!!!!!!

Do like metty but i am sober!!!

Hey don't get me wrong. RV is my favorite rider and I know he can win any race but remember last year there was a race he did not even make it to the main so anything can happen. At A1 these guys are pumped up and maybe too ready to go and crazy stuff can happen. Metcalfe seems to stay calm and focused. I don't remember then last time BM had a full SX season but I remember a few where he was pushing the leaders and leading himself. Lets hope he stays healthy the whole SX and see what I know he can do.