Sign in to follow this  

2003 YZ250 Trans

I'm rebuilding my yz250. Does anyone know the correct order the shift forks are supposed to go onto the trans?

Also, does the trans, forks, and drum all have to go back into the cases as a unit? They all came out this way, and I'm assuming that they go back into the cases the same way.

It all goes back in together, Its a pain but you can make it a little easier by using a couple of rubber bands around the gearset to help hold everything together and then cut the bands off when you get it set in. The shift fork location is diagramed in the repair manual.

each fork should only fit one gear snugly. You could figure this out by putting one for onto each of the three gears and find out which one fits. You will see what I mean when you try it. You could use a rubber band but it's not that hard to put them in as a unit. And yes they do all go in together.

Thanks man. This is going to help ALOT!

The schematic is nice but unless you know the part number of the fork, it is usless. try what my last post said and you will be fine. Next time you take stuff apart, lable the order or ay the parts out like the came out.

My bad man I saw the part numbers below I didn't know if the link showed them

All the letters face the same way. You realy cant put it together with the forks in the wrong spot.

with the right side case down (crank to the left) from L to R the forks are C10, L, R