Wet dune sinkhole

Went to the oregon dunes over new years and my buddy hit this little dune in 3rd about 35-40 mph. Luckily it was a small dune, he flew over the bars did a flip and landed on top of the dune. The sand was real soft and mushy everywhere from alot of previous rain. One of the reasons we dont do alot of winter duning, cause you never know where the sinkholes are. He likes to tell everyone he was just parking the bike.?

dunesinkhole.jpg

Had my 500 out to Glamis the week after Thanksgiving, the wind had blown quite a bit. I was going down a dune and went over the bars just after letting up on the gas a bit. The guy behind me let off when he saw me and he did the same thing, over the bars. As I was going over I saw him going over. We weren't at the bottom of the dune, right in the middle heading down. The sand has a mind of it's own sometimes, especially when the wind blows! ?

Those of us on the east coast just wish we had problems like that to deal with. No such thing as a "sand dune" over here. Least not one we get to ride on.

I thought there were dunes near Kitty Hawk? Probably not allowed to ride em though!