Sign in to follow this  

mrd and fcr vs just the mrd?

I can rotate the BSR carb for needle and jet changes, no need to remove, but find the FCR a PITA to instal. Due to the shorter OAL between rubber boots, and the need to stretch the boots to attach.

• Like 1

I think it is all from experience. I find the harest part is the throttle cables, but it sux on both carbs. The boot is actually easy. You need to sort of 'zen' it on. Like a lot of stuff, there is a relaxed and natural way for things to go together or you can force it. One trick is to loosten the clamp on the airbox side. Tightening it after the carb side is secured.

I do not move the FCR at all to do the needle. Tank off, ball end allen to pop the top and the needle locking screw.

Pilot and main, drain the carb, remove the cap, remove teh jet, replace them, cap back on, fuel tap on PRI to refil the bowl.

I can change the needle in five minutes with the FCR, pilot jet in two minutes, main jet in one minute. Not possible to do that with the BSR.

Both carbs are 5 minutes to remove, ten to put back.

I agree with the choke comment but that is only an issue once a day for 10 seconds. Once you know where to touch, it no longer is a issue.

Never such a thing as 'too much responsiveness'.

Mileage goes down mostly due to the happier wrist.

Man I wish I could get my FCR in and out that quick. It's a fight for me, seems like the carb assy. is too short.

I found an intake horn for the LTZ that was longer (billet) but dude was no longer making them. So my FCR made it in there twice and that's where it's staying.

I run the FCR with the stock exhaust. Better performance, but you sure can feel that it's choked on the top end. Opening the end cap up helped some, but my bike doesn't run nearly as good as my buddy's with the same setup and E-headpipe and Q4 muffler.

I think I'm doing an intake cam next. I don't care for a lot of noise when in the woods...

i have a fcr (came on the bike :smirk: and it's jetted per Eddie and have the accel pump mod done.... i don't get what all the hype is about throttle response wise. my bike has 3x3 mod, jetted, accel pump mod, and full yosh rs-3. my buddy has a s model with 3x3, power bomb head pipe and q2 exhaust. i think both bikes have damn near the same throttle response but power wise there is no comparison. when we race (if that's what you want to call it) i am gone! i don't know if it's the carb alone or the carb, cams, and higher compression but the 2 bikes are not even comparable power wise. throttle response wise though i would say they are close.

oh... and we both get the same gas mileage (basing off us riding together and filling up using the same amount of gas at every fill up).