Sign in to follow this  

New Dirty Bike Time!

I'm going to be buying a new bike this spring for racing / trail riding with my dad.

Ill have $2500-$2700 to spend if i can sell my bike and four wheeler. So should i go with a crf , yz , kx? (no Suzuki... its yellow) Also if you have any suggestions on what bikes NOT to buy then please list the things that are wrong with them.

Thanks

02cr125guy / BloXx99

:smirk:

CRF.

I would choose an '09 but it may be out of your price range a little to far. I bought mine with 8hrs on it for $3,300.

No complaints yet. Just keep your oil changed and your air filter clean. It has loads of power. You can clear triples all day. Suspension soaks up the hard landings really good.

Overall it's a great bike. I love it.

What about a 05 or 07? there are some of though's on craigslist for VERY cheap... 1500-1800... so even if they did need a valve job of something it would still be a steal. Right?

if you buy something older, just be prepared to put some money into it to get it back in shape. just traded my 04cr125 for an 04crf250f and after opening up the head i am doing a complete top rebuild. i dont see a problem in getting an older bike just be prepared to put some money and work into it