Sign in to follow this  

help me on my couple first fix-its on the 625smc

bike runs decently... i'm hoping the first issue is b/c it's cold. the second, i'm simply not familiar with the KTM just yet, so a little point in the right directly would be greatly appreciated.

1. start the bike, let it idle for a bit (~2 minutes), then head out around the block. cruises for a bit, then when i romp on it it stutters and THEN kicks in. thoughts? could it just still be cold? if so, that's easy... if not, where should i start looking?

2. the rear caliper is holding the rear pads ON the rotor - as in, i can smell them getting burned up after a quick run around the block... i have a feeling this has something to do with the new caliper installed after the bike got blown over by wind and insurance replaced it b/c of a scuff. brand new pads, just wonder if the reservoir is too full or what. simple enough... i hope.

thoughts?

I have limited experience with a 625 and 640, It seems they need a little more warm up than my suzuki or honda. Warm up a little more before taking off an leave the choke on a lttile bit for a ways.

Don't know about the brake. Maybe spray a little wd40 on the piston to get it to slide better. I always spray it on before pushing the piston back in. I dont know if this is what you are supposed to do but it prevents wrecking the piston.