Sign in to follow this  

Dirt parts off Ebay

Bought a new set of sprockets and chain of Ebay from Dirtparts.

Bought the auction set for a XR650L sent me a rear sprocket for a 650R.

This after it took 5 weeks to get me my order.

Really tired of ebay sellers blaming the shipping companies for when they take 4 weeks to get the package in the mail. Then I go to install and its the wrong part. :smirk:

yup...there will always be pieces of sh** like that! it sucks but return it and buy elsewhere! sometimes savin a few bucks on fleabay only causes a world of trouble. stick to a reputable site like rocky mountain, bto, mx giant, etc.

Be sure to give negative feedback so others have a chance at not making the same mistake.

Bought a new set of sprockets and chain of Ebay from Dirtparts.

Bought the auction set for a XR650L sent me a rear sprocket for a 650R.

This after it took 5 weeks to get me my order.

Really tired of ebay sellers blaming the shipping companies for when they take 4 weeks to get the package in the mail. Then I go to install and its the wrong part. :smirk:

...then don't buy based on price alone. Look at the feedback, look at their on-line store. Best yet, find a local on-line company to deal with.

I agree, your experience sucks. However, I have bought many bike parts, new and used from Ebay and I have never been screwed or had an issue. A while back, I bought a used YZ400 cylinder really cheap thinking I would need it one day...ended up selling the bike, then sold the cylinder back on Ebay [with a better description] and made money. Look at their feedback...you certainly cant be the only unhappy customer.

I feel you on this. Bought a topend kit from Honda East Toledo off of ebay a few weeks ago and they send me the wrong year kit. Sent it back for a refund and only got refunded $100 of the $150 I paid for the kit. I am done with Ebay.

I bought something a year ago from a guy on eBay, he's in Jersey, I'm in PA. Took 11 days to arrive because he finally dropped it off at the post office after a week, he claimed it was due to a blizzard. I checked the almanac for his area, during that entire time they received less than 0.25" precipitation TOTAL.

I left him negative feedback, he asked ebay to ask me to rescind it. I told ebay it was accurate and they could view the tracking to see for themselves.

You're going to have idiots, just don't deal with them again and leave appropriate feedback so other people are warned before they get the hassle you did.

The one thing that I really dislike with ebay now, is the 5-star system. If you offer free shipping, you automatically get 5-stars in shipping. This removes the benefit of combined shipping AND the ability to ding them for slow shipping. However, eBay doesn't collect any fees on shipping costs that I'm aware of, so eBay gets more money out of the seller whom gets more money out of the buyer whom has less recourse. That ain't right!

But all in all, it's still an OK way to buy and sell stuff, just not as good as it used to be.