Sign in to follow this  

Should i make the switch?

Ive been thinking about the idea of switch back to a 2 stroke, for many yrs ive been on a 4 stroke, went from a 250f to a ktm 525sx, then to a crf450x, what im on now, its a great bike, but i dont ride the desert much anymore, so i want something lighter for the track and something that can be riden in any terrain, ive really like the ktm 300's for awhile, but im just curious how a 2005 crf450x would compare to like a 2007 ktm 300xcw?? Any help would be appreciated, im just worried ill get a bike im not happy with and be stuck with it.

Ive been thinking about the idea of switch back to a 2 stroke, for many yrs ive been on a 4 stroke, went from a 250f to a ktm 525sx, then to a crf450x, what im on now, its a great bike, but i dont ride the desert much anymore, so i want something lighter for the track and something that can be riden in any terrain, ive really like the ktm 300's for awhile, but im just curious how a 2005 crf450x would compare to like a 2007 ktm 300xcw?? Any help would be appreciated, im just worried ill get a bike im not happy with and be stuck with it.

Maybe you can trade bikes with someone for a bit, out on the trails. I don't know why, but I get offers regularly(I guess my bike is 'funner' because I have less than $800 in it, and ride the snot out of it).