Sign in to follow this  

Reversing the AP mod stock plunger wanted

I take it that you are wanting a shorter duration squirt. JD has a plunger extension for the short KTM plungers to make them more like the Honda plungers.

I didn't know the Yamaha 450 and my 450 would be able to interchange carb parts but I guess then can. Ill have to look later.

Not a big fan of the ap mod.. I may eat my words after I go back to stock but my head showed a lot of extra crap on it versus the first time I rebuilt it when it was bone stock..

I didn't know the Yamaha 450 and my 450 would be able to interchange carb parts but I guess then can. Ill have to look later.

Not a big fan of the ap mod.. I may eat my words after I go back to stock but my head showed a lot of extra crap on it versus the first time I rebuilt it when it was bone stock..

same here, i tried the ap mod and it DOES feel slightly more responsive, more power. BUT, there is so much additional fuel squirted in with every turn of the throttle (due to little or no delay of squirt) it was not worth it to me. I woods ride/harescramble race. If i need more power, i turn the throttle more. On an MX track you are not as "ON-OFF-ON-OFF" with the throttle as you are in the woods. We found WAY more build on the tops on the tops of the valves and within the head than before.. i have not ran the AP mod for over a year now.

The YZF450 and the CRF450 use the same carb, thus the parts are interchangeable.