Sign in to follow this  

Idle change

Just when I thought it was worked out. The bike is riding great, just having a strange issue with the idle.

I started it up the other morning on the kick stand, it started on the first try, no choke needed. The idle was perfect. After warming up, I went to get on the bike and stood it up right. The idle dropped so low that the bike died.

The other thing that it's doing is the idle keeps changing while in neutral. If I blip the throttle, the idle will raise to around 3k. If I blip it again, it'll drop back down. Every time I seem to get it adjusted perfectly, it either drops or raises.

you need to install the other needle i sent you. at the same time reset the fuel screw to 2 turns from seated. a turn is 360 degrees.

Ill give it a shot. Why would it change the idle every time I blip the throttle? And just 2 turns instead of 2.5?

because you have the slide artificially high with the idle knob.

yes 2 turns with the new needle.

if this does not cure it you have another issue beside the carb.

New needle installed. Screw out two screws.

When idling in neutral, if I give the throttle a quick blip, there is a delay, the bike pops and dies. Giving it that quick blip seems to kill the bike...

Haven't yet. It's in the garage in parts and on the stand.

I can try to ride it when I get home, but as of now it acts like its not getting gas when the throttle is opened. It idles though.

I took it down the street real quick. It runs fine in low rpm's, it idles fine, as well. But, as soon as I give the throttle a blip, it gives a pop and shuts off.

That was after letting it warm up for 3 minutes. It's been at full temp every time I've tested it.

When I blip the throttle, there is basically no response and it dies. Something isn't set right and I don't know what needs to be adjusted.

no really,3 minutes and down the street is not enough.

even at that you caused another issue if this hesitation suddenly appeared. the needle swap would not have caused it. its only slightly richer on the straight diameter which has nothing to do with the throttle response.

Needle is on clip 3. Screw is out 2 turns. I even tried 2 1/2.

I found that it will take throttle if I roll on slowly, but it will not take a quick/sudden blipping of the throttle.

I am not a carb guy, so I am spinning my wheels here.

Pulled cover, used allen head to take out screw, took off old clip, put it on the new needle, dropped new needle in, tightened it up...

I took the bike out for a little longer of a rider, and when in gear, it will not die under full throttle, however, it is severely bogged down when under full throttle. there is a huge lack of power.