Sign in to follow this  

Need wider pegs

I have a 2005 CRF 450r that f#@# up my ankles on a jump. It was my fault I did not hit the jump hard enough and a fell out of the sky straight down on both wheels with my feet on the pegs. I also did not gas it when I hit the ground. My feet decided to bend backwards and touch my shins. I actually had good boots on or I would of had two broken ankles. I need to get wider pegs anybody have some suggestions? I also need to check my suspension because I landed hard before on a bike better never sprained my ankles like I did. Still waiting to have an MRI on the right one. Just still wondering what the hell happended. This is the first time I had this bike out and I thought I adjust the race sag but now wondering if there is even oil in the shock. CRAZYYYYYY Pain. I rambled but anybody have suggestions on wider pegs...Thanks for your help.

Sincerely, The Gimp

Ims makes a great oversized foot peg......I did the same thing last year except I broke one ankle and sprained the other....just ordered ankle savers by motoinnovation...check them out. There a great mental thing for guys like us

I have a set of Fastway pegs. They're 2 1/2 thick X 3 1/2 wide. They are squared and have replaceable cleets. They're steel and heavier than stock, but at the ametuer level it's not an issue, or at lest not for me anyway. You can get them in titanium, but are quite a bit more.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products/15030-pro-moto-billet-22-3-103-footpegs-fastway-f3-footpegs?gclid=COrjmJufta0CFWRjTAodWV8nng

there is a peg extender which you just weld on to your existing peg adding a u shape to the whole thing and widening it all around

The best bang for the buck is a set of the new, improved 2012 CRF450 pegs. You can get them for about $50 a set.

I can second the fastway pegs. I have a pair on my yz250 and love them, they are the perfect size IMO. My brake side peg is slightly bent, but it was from the previous owner having a hard wreck on some rocks. Still rides fine though!

Let me guess, when you hurt your ankles landing the jump you were riding on the balls of your feet instead of the arches?

I like the Fastway pegs...just saw a set on eBay for the CRF for 95 bucks!

I had a hard time committing to the $116 Fastway's (BTOsports.com), but now that they're on it's amazing. It's like having your feet glued to a couple of 2x4s - the traction and width is that good. I rode a bike with stock pegs right after trying my new ones, and the difference is night and day. They also can be mounted in a lower position, which is good for anyone over 6'.

If you've got the money, go for it.

I had a hard time committing to the $116 Fastway's (BTOsports.com), but now that they're on it's amazing. It's like having your feet glued to a couple of 2x4s - the traction and width is that good. I rode a bike with stock pegs right after trying my new ones, and the difference is night and day. They also can be mounted in a lower position, which is good for anyone over 6'.

If you've got the money, go for it.

I actually got the ones on my GG off ebay, new in the package for $60

shipped...I keep hoping to find another deal like that for the CRF.

How about Sunline SL-1 Arch Foot Pegs.

I have them on my '08 CRF450 and they are very good, but very expensive. If I needed new pegs right now I would get the new OEM pegs from the 2012 CRF and spend the extra $100 I save on something else.

I have fastways, 2nd time to buy some, EXcellent...those Tusk pegs and PC footpeg- wideners ment'd also work, but I buy the fastways to lower & move back my feet, as I am tall...

I really like the Tusk pegs from RockyMountain. Wider, lighter, and a good price.

Got a set on my 06 CR and must say they've held up nice considering that old 2 smoke gets whored around to my friends more than it should.

I going to go with the Fastway F5, but first I get to have surgery on my ruptured achillis bummer I wish this on nobody. I be back riding in 4 months. Thanks for all the help.