Sign in to follow this  

Gsxr muffler mod ??

Two questions actually.

1)Does gsxr mod have a spark arrestor in it? This is required in my area to ride the orv parks.

2)What is the part number that I want to be stamped on the 01/02 gsrx1000 muffler? I saw this in one of Mxrobs pages but now I can’t find it. All the ebay mufflers tend to go for $80. This seems higher than what I read everyone else is paying.

Hi chadly, you´ll find the relevant info here https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=djwd44j_68fdsm79hf

The muffler should feature a 40 in the number stamped onto it, proving it to be from the 2001/2002 series (titanium, for GSX-R 1000). 80 bucks are no bad price at all - the entire system with link-pipe will NOT be cheaper than readily available stuff, but delivers the same/better performance without the need to repack it ever.

Thanks. That is the page I was looking for.

Does anyone know if it has a spark arrestor in it?

Thanks. That is the page I was looking for.

Does anyone know if it has a spark arrestor in it?

Functionally it IS a spark arrestor due to the chamber design, however, it is not stamped as being a sparky so will NOT pass an inspection in that way.

If the local officers use the old method of inserting a rod to see if it is straight through or not, it will pass.

Easiest way to conform is to use a screen sparky insert from FMF or DG that fits into the end of the outlet pipe and is stamped as an approved sparky device.

Thanks everyone. Collecting parts now and plan on doing some work this winter. I may have found a muffler but will not know for sure for a few more hours.