Never broke anything until...

Hi guys

On December 18th I was at the track and on the first lap out just before the finish line jump I had a pretty bad accident. About an hour later I was at the ER via the local taxi called the Ambulance. After a few X-Rays a Cat Scan and an MRI they tell me I have a few broken ribs and my left shoulder is broken in four places. Many painful hours later I finally make it to surgery where it takes them 8 hours to replace part of my shoulder. Thankfully I was able to make it home by Christmas. Now I am making progress even if it is slow going. I went back to the surgeon last Tuesday to have the staples out and for a routine check up. Everything looks good so far. I'm scheduled to go back to him on the 18th for another follow-up and to hopefully he will think it is time to start Therapy. I know it is a long and painful process, so I hear. Anyone here been through this before? Any thoughts and what I should look out for or things that may make this process easier or quicker?

Thanks

Ron

Very painful "before" picture

IMG_002.jpg

Still painful, but not as much "after" picture

IMG_003.jpg

Crap, you sure did a job on yourself huh? Looks like you got replacment parts now too?

Three year ago I broke the front edge of my shoulder socket and they took a chunk of bone off my hip to replace the tiny broken pieces. I was on the OR table for around 2.5 hours.

I did rehab my self, took about 6 months to get the range of montion back, and about 8 months until I saw the Ortho for the last time.

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies.

After they took the first Xrays they said that my shoulder was "Shattered". The tech's thought it was an impressive break. All I know is it hurt alot. The DR. wanted to save all the parts but they ended up doing a partial replacement. The dark area is metal.

I go back to the Ortho on the 18th and I'm hoping he'll send me to therapy. He has me doing a few small exercises now but nothing to much. I want to speed the process along so I can get back to work and doing all the things I can't now. If anyone has any advice about exercises, diet or whatever helped them through a similar situation I'd be interested in hearing it.

Thanks

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies.

After they took the first Xrays they said that my shoulder was "Shattered". The tech's thought it was an impressive break. All I know is it hurt alot. The DR. wanted to save all the parts but they ended up doing a partial replacement. The dark area is metal.

Thanks

Ron

Ron, Welcome to the Club of Titanium Aftermarket Products. Feel better and Just Think Now....You are a More Valuable Person, Hence the Precious Metal Installed....?

Throughout all my injuries I felt the things that helped me heal faster where:

Blood flow, even though your shoulder is hurt, you can do plenty of cardio with you lower body. Blood flow promotes healing, so for example you could use a stationary bicycle to keep your blood flow/fitness up.

Supements really helps too, whenever I was hurt I used Mezotrace to help the healing.

Get plenty of rest, 8-10 hours per day.

Let us know how you are doing, hope you get back on the bike again soon!

Jason

Well went to my orthopedic surgeon wed and every thing is good so far the healing is doing great.

He now has me doing some diff shoulder exercises Smile

He says he will see me in 4 weeks and we can get some more x rays and go on to more exercises.

I know one thing being one arm sucks I will never take my health for granted again.

Thanks guys for all the info hope soon to be back riding Just have a ton of stuff here to do.

Ron.

• 3 weeks later...