Sign in to follow this  

2011 CRF450R - Possible to put lights on it?

Hi all,

I've got a 2011 CRF450R. In Washington, it just became legal to plate offroad only bikes. I was under the impression that I'd be able to put lights on my bike and get it plated. However, to my surprise, when I called my dealer to order parts, they told me that Baja Designs pulled their kit for the 09+ CRF450Rs because they were having problems with the more powerful stator screwing with the EFI.

I notice that Trail Tech still offers an electrical kit for the bike, however, now I'm concerned. So, I've emailed both companies asking for more details. I suppose I should send Honda an email as well.

My question is, has anyone elsewhere plated an '09+ CRF450R? Or am I screwed.

Thanks for any and all information that you can provide!

-Mitch

P.S. I know it'll be a miserable road bike, not meant for any sort of distance trips. I just want to be able to plate it to ride logging roads and ride backroads down to the local track.

Here you go.....

http://www.trailtech.net/SR-8252A.html

Pretty much everything you need to get 90 watts to power the necessary stuff. I don't know exactly what it takes to make a dirtbike street legal in your state, but in michigan that would be more than enough to power everything. They also have a lower powered stator, but it is up to you. Another good thing is that they are located in Washington, so shipping will be quick. I have ordered more than a couple of things from them and have been more than happy with the service.

If your stator doesn't output much power, Baja designes makes a kit that has its own battery you can run stuff on, I think. Either way you can wire up a DS kit and add a battery, if your stator can't charge the battery you can put the bike on a battery tender whenever you aren't riding. This would work for short rides but not week long rides.