Sign in to follow this  

WTB - KX85 cylinder and FWW

Needed for an 06 KX85- cylinder (and head) and also looking for a FWW. On a budget, send me a PM if you got something. thanks

Ok, so trying to find a heavier flywheel for an 06 KX85 for cheap, no hits on a used add on weight so wonder if anyone knows about the stock flywheels on these bikes. The earlier 80/85 and 100 flywheels look a lot different than the 06 and newer flywheels. Are they interchangeable? Are they different weights? It would seem like a 60 would have less weight than an 85 and the 85 less than the 100. If so I can get a stock 100 flywheel for cheap. Does anyone know? I looked at part numbers but could not figure out anything for sure. (The 65 seems to have an altogether different flywheel, no part number cross over on that one).

Flywheels different won't interchange, earlier much heavier though.

Not a beginner, but is a kid- been through the PW50, Z50, Polini 50, XR70, KX60, XR80, and XR100 has brought us to this 2006 KX85. Picked it a few weeks back with bad gas in the tank, got it running and it was way down on power, pulled the jug and its cut up and needs piston/rings. Got another jug and top end kit on the way. I have talked to some guys who have their kids riding woods on these and most are running some extra weight on the flywheel. We're going to do the engine and see how it runs. If it works good we'll add some fresh tires, hand guards, and soften up the suspension for a 100 lbs 12 year old. Thanks for the input that the older flywheels will not bolt up. We'll keep looking for a FWW, used aftermarket.

But one more question on OEM flywheels if anyone has some they can weigh- 06 KX85 FW part no. is 21007-0073 and the 06 KX100 FW part no. is 21007-0074. Just wondering if the 100 flywheel is slightly heavier? If it has a different part number it must be different in some way...

thanks

Not a beginner, but is a kid- been through the PW50, Z50, Polini 50, XR70, KX60, XR80, and XR100 has brought us to this 2006 KX85. Picked it a few weeks back with bad gas in the tank, got it running and it was way down on power, pulled the jug and its cut up and needs piston/rings. Got another jug and top end kit on the way. I have talked to some guys who have their kids riding woods on these and most are running some extra weight on the flywheel. We're going to do the engine and see how it runs. If it works good we'll add some fresh tires, hand guards, and soften up the suspension for a 100 lbs 12 year old. Thanks for the input that the older flywheels will not bolt up. We'll keep looking for a FWW, used aftermarket.

But one more question on OEM flywheels if anyone has some they can weigh- 06 KX85 FW part no. is 21007-0073 and the 06 KX100 FW part no. is 21007-0074. Just wondering if the 100 flywheel is slightly heavier? If it has a different part number it must be different in some way...

thanks

We ride Trails in NC also, my son has a 95 kx80 also. I completely rebuilt his bike back in sept and I can say he doesnt need a fly wheel weight. My son is 11 and 90lbs and has been riding since he was 4 or 5. My son is very aggressive and very fast for what he is riding. My son also complains about his suspension being to soft for his liking, and as far as I know it is stock. I will be redoing his suspension this winter. If i were you I wouldnt spend the extra $ on wieghts and suspension untill he rides it. I ride a kx 250, and my brother in law rides a kx 125 and my son has no problems keeping up with us, or in my case smoking me...:smirk::bonk:

Oh BTW my son has already claimed my cr 125 I will be shaving the seat soon to lower it for him, Dont be concerned with the power of the bikes, be concerned with their ability