Sign in to follow this  

rear shock clevis removal

my 08 crf250 that was ridden by a smaller rider before me has a smaller shock clevis than the stock clevis. im a taller rider so the lower rear of the bike is a bit of a problem. my question is if the clevis is able to be removed from the rod or if i would have to buy a new rod?

is there a way to remove the clevis without taking the whole shock apart, and also is there any how to things on this?

It should thread on. The spring needs to come off and the shock needs to be depressurized. The lock nut will be under the bottoming bumper.

is there a way to remove the clevis without taking the whole shock apart, and also is there any how to things on this?

The shock will need to come apart since youre going to have to rebleed it anyway.

Check out the Suspension DYI sticky in the CRF450R forum. Complete dis-assembly in that thread.

The shock will need to come apart since youre going to have to rebleed it anyway.

If the shock doesn't need serviced he could just let the pressure off, then remove the clevis without taking the shock apart.

doc