Sign in to follow this  

Good price?

so i went to my local dealership and was askin bout a used wr 450f that their site said they had but it was gone. so instead the guy said how they had a black drz400 that was used. its an 2009 looks like a pretty good bike doesnt seem like anythings wrong just lookin over it. but they wanted $3700 for it. i didnt ask how many miles but didnt look to have to many. i was bein rushed tho while lookin at due to time i didnt look to see if it was an sm with the 17 in rims or just normal dual sport.:smirk: they were a street tread tho.

Well if its an 09, real sm not conversion or s, and it has under 7 or 8 k on the clock I think 3700 at a dealer is a good price

Well if its an 09, real sm not conversion or s, and it has under 7 or 8 k on the clock I think 3700 at a dealer is a good price

I'd have to disagree, but that’s based on out the door prices in the TX area when you can get one for 2/3 that price.

No way I would pay that (before tax, and other dealer charges) for a 3 year old used DRZ. Unknown previous use, maintenance, service, mods.

But that’s me.

I'd have to disagree, but that’s based on out the door prices in the TX area when you can get one for 2/3 that price.

No way I would pay that (before tax, and other dealer charges) for a 3 year old used DRZ. Unknown previous use, maintenance, service, mods.

But that’s me.

That's the problem man, out over here things like that are 4+ Nd sometimes 5!!! It's absurd...I was speaking about my area, if that's jot the going price by you and that's where he lives near, then by all means lol, it is not a good price ha

This is the problem over by my area...

http://longisland.craigslist.org/mcy/2756781252.html

you make a good point E.Marquez. But another point is ive also seen them on my local craigslist site for around 4 grand also. One thing is tho is I got some time cause i gotta wait for one of my bikes i just rebuilt to sale so i have a downpayment on it.

that seems absurd to sell it for 5250 it doesnt got that much into it. isnt a new one like 7 grand?

Less in many cases, New Old Stock, sitting on a dealer floow, needs to be gone, dead battery, tank full of old gas..folks are walking out the door well under 6k, but local market verys so much.. it's hard to compare.

you make a good point E.Marquez. But another point is ive also seen them on my local craigslist site for around 4 grand also. One thing is tho is I got some time cause i gotta wait for one of my bikes i just rebuilt to sale so i have a downpayment on it.

don't finance the toys... pay cash for a clean bike from the owner and you'll come out ahead - twice.

around here that bike will LIST for $3500-4000, but they'll (the dealer) take $3000 OTD and be happy. bikes are sitting in showrooms, new and used.

That's the problem man, out over here things like that are 4+ Nd sometimes 5!!! It's absurd...I was speaking about my area, if that's jot the going price by you and that's where he lives near, then by all means lol, it is not a good price ha

This is the problem over by my area...

http://longisland.craigslist.org/mcy/2756781252.html

Wow that is expensive.

Not far from PA and $3000 would be a good price, $3700 is ok but not good. Bigger question is, you started off looking at a WR450f and now DRZ400?? Two completely different bikes. What are you looking at doing? DS, trail or race? The WR will run circles around the DRZ until you hit the pavement.

What side of PA are you from?

Yeah now you guys are what I was dealing with about a month ago...and that wr will still run circles on the pavement on the drz...just a tad bit less reliable...its a yz450f engine with a wider gear ratio transmission....

im western PA. i know the wr450f is more of a race machine. but also the rumored durabilty of the drz sounds pretty nice. i think i might be rushing into this a lil bit. i didnt think that the difference was so extreme. i did plan on attempting some hare scramble and enduro races but also its gonna be used to get around some on roads too. would i be better off to back away from this and wait for a better deal on a wr450f? i know i do like a lot of power. i almost feel as if i answered this myself.

i was readin up its tuned down and restricted some but with a few mods and a lil money i could get it close to the yz450f power too. if you guys are sayin that itll run circles around the drz i may have found what i need to stick to lookin for. hell this all started with me lookin at gettin a 525exc its just they cost too much more.

You gotta pay to play, can't have the reliabilty of a drz in a racebike...take the z which will suit your needs but not be as fast and light, but on the plus aide minimal maintaince. You can go with a 450smr either ktm or husqvarna, a 510 smr husky, a 525smr or exc ktm, or a ktm smr 560...now the thing with those bikes are that they are more expensive, have less aftermarket, and require more frequent maintaince. But if the faster bike is what your after, the drz will never be those bikes listed, and vice versa. My advice, ride at least a drz and one of those bikes I listed and see if the power difference is worth the price difference and the up in mantaince...my 2 cents

ill have to see if theyll let my try ridin one cause nobody i know has any dual sport bikes all the ppl i know have mx bikes which is what i got now. put it this way if it runs like my friends 2011 crf250 its a nice bike but it just wont have enough balls for me. my 99 125sx has more balls than it does plus its lighter that like 25lbs is very noticeable. now something i was thinkin of. is the drz400 engine the same as the ltz400 quad engine?

Remember the WR is not street legal but can be with extra $$. If you plan on HS then there are better bikes out there. DRZ is a great bike but suffers when pushed off road. The WR has alot of power for HS/tight trails for most riders. If you now have a 125, a 250F would be a better HS bike. If you want to demo a DS, I have my bike at a dealer just south of Youngstown. It's a TE250 (Huskvarana), plated and runs with a KTM200. PM me for more info if you like. Nothing puts down traction like a 250f's and most will feel lighter than the scale says. I ride alot of different type of trails and have not found anything a 250 could not do. Big bores are very forgiving but tiring at the end of the day. If you plan on many road miles above 65mph, DRZ or a big bore is better.

buy a used already plated wr450 much easier...the drz40 is basically the same engine if im not mistaken, just different gearing (similar to the wr450 and yz450f)...Already seeing as you want something with nimbleness of an off road dirtbike but still have highway speed...i would say a wr450 is for you, either that or a 525exc...i have road them all and trust me you will feel the difference. The DRZ is great for my purpose, for others no so much. I can see your concerned with weight (DRZ downfall) and your talking about balls...need to do motor work and carb swapping to get that out of a drz...So in all honestly, if I was you, get an 05+ 525 exc, or a wr450...

• Like 1