Sign in to follow this  

Desperatly need help with rim/spoke issue

Hi all, new guy here.

Just picked up a paddle/wheel for my 06 crf450r. The wheel is an older excel 1.85x18 laced with what I assume are excel spokes (judging by the spoke nipples) to a stock Honda hub.

4 spokes are broken. I ordered these http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=wheel+spoke+18%22&hl=en&safe=active&client=firefox-a&hs=HsQ&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1366&bih=617&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7914313356953556137&sa=X&ei=2Fr5Tr3cINLYiALWg-20Dg&ved=0CIsBEPMCMAI#scoring=tp and they are too long. They look as if they are for a 19 inch wheel. By the time the threads get down to the nipples there is still about 2 inches of spoke still sticking out of the hub. Now, there is one logical explanation.....The bag that the spokes came in was labeled correctly but the bag was opened. I am wondering if somehow some longer spokes got switched into the bag? If that's not the case then I have no idea why they were too long and I don't know where to go from here.

The only other option I have seen are the Moose individual spokes that come with a new nipple and all. They supposedly will fit into the oem hub and then I can put the new nipples into the wheel and go from there.

Any Ideas on why the spokes were too long, or any ideas where to get the exact spokes I need? Thanks in advance.:smirk: