Sign in to follow this  

PWK or 2000 CR250 rebuild instructions?

I have a 98 CR250, swapping a PWK from a 2000 CR. :lol:

PWK needs a rebuild, and I'm not the most mechanically inclined person in the world. However, also not being the richest person in the world, I would rather try to rebuild it myself first, before paying someone else to do it.:bonk:

My service manual for my 98, naturally, doesn't have the carb I'm working on.:lol:

Does anyone have a PDF or a link to online instructions on the rebuild/service of the PWK or the rebuild/service on a 2000 CR250?:smirk:

(note awesome use of smileys to convey personal feelings)

Thanks!

Not really much to rebuild. More of cleaning. For a schematic, go to the OEM parts section of TT and they will show it.

There are a couple things I would recommend:

Count the number of turns out for the idle adjust screw and write it down.

Count the number of turns out for the airscrew and write it down.

Pay close attention when disassembling to prevent losing any tiny o-rings or washers or springs.

Not really much to rebuild. More of cleaning. For a schematic, go to the OEM parts section of TT and they will show it.

There are a couple things I would recommend:

Count the number of turns out for the idle adjust screw and write it down.

Count the number of turns out for the airscrew and write it down.

Pay close attention when disassembling to prevent losing any tiny o-rings or washers or springs.

Thanks ulanb,

I'm aware of the air srcew and idle adjust screw...however I bought the carb second hand off Ebay, and I'm not willing to bet my adjustments on what someone else had on a machine they eventually parted out. This, is one of the reasons I was hoping to get someone who had the factory adjustments via service manual.

I also have the suggestions from JD Jetting for those screws. However, those adjustments suggestions are based on using their needle and pilot jets. Using that adjustment may not work with stock jetting.

JD Jetting jet kits = $75

Moose Racing rebuild kit with stock jets = $22 :smirk:

FWIW, the jetting that comes in the 2000 should be relatively close.

WHen I bolted on the 2000 cr250 carb with stock needle, 175 main, 45 pilot into my 2005 cr250, it was pretty close. I think I ended up at a 172 main.

That is really what I was thinking/hoping.

I'm not racing, only trail riding. I really feel the stock jets will service me just fine.

That is really what I was thinking/hoping.

I'm not racing, only trail riding. I really feel the stock jets will service me just fine.

the stock Honda specs on the pwk are still rich. you can see my specs below only now I run a stock pipe and not the sst referenced, need to change that.

you'll probably end up at a 42-45 on, a715 needle on 2, and a 170-172 mj.