Sign in to follow this  

DLC Coating that was cheap?

Wondering if anyone remembers the company's name that had a small Ad in the back of one of the dirt bike magazines for DLC for $300 a set of fork legs? I am looking for a company that does it at a decent price. Also looking for a copany that does Kashima Coating at a good price. Thanks!!

Buy new bushings and SKF Fork seals. Half the price, great performance from the seals, and no extra work taking off the axle lug. Plus you get what you pay for. I cant imagine a good quality DLC coating for that much. But if true that is awesome.

Buy new bushings and SKF Fork seals. Half the price, great performance from the seals, and no extra work taking off the axle lug. Plus you get what you pay for. I cant imagine a good quality DLC coating for that much. But if true that is awesome.

The DLC is only expensive when you send it off to Factory Connection or PC etc to have it done.

They just tack on $500 bucks to the jobber price to them. Pretty nice little clip they get for shipping them off to someone else, huh? :smirk:

The DLC is only expensive when you send it off to Factory Connection or PC etc to have it done.

They just tack on $500 bucks to the jobber price to them. Pretty nice little clip they get for shipping them off to someone else, huh? :bonk:

:lol::smirk:

Somehow you are right.

if you damage the threads on the lugs removing the tubes , you wont worry about the price of the dlc :smirk:

if you damage the threads on the lugs as you remove the tubes, you wont worry about the price of the dlc :smirk:

OK, I found the place for the DLC coating. I believe it is $250 a set of forks and $50 for the shock shaft. I spoke with the guy today about it. I am sending my tubes and shaft off to them. I will be posting the place and a link to them up on my website. www.ExxtremeReview.com Check my website tomorrow under the reviews section and you can see can get all the info...

Kyle

how much does it help with stiction? i want to do some 49mm conventional Showas.

It has about 1/5 the stiction of chrome.. Jeff can give you more details (Jeff is the guy that deals with the sports stuff at the company)

I posted all the info up on my site... Go to www.ExxtremeMXReview.com go to the reviews page and click on the forks.. All the info is up on the company and also Jeff's contact info and link to their site...

Kyle

• Like 1

Great find! MX-Tech had a great solution for taking off the axle lugs. there is a thread on it somewhere.....

Thankyou

Hope everyone can benefit from my research. If the big suspension places offered it at a reasonable price, I would have just had it done by them. But we all know they are just the middle man. Please pass on my website link to all your friends in the Moto community. I only do reviews on the stuff that matters and stuff that saves $$$ I spent years paying top dollar for all sort of Dirt bike parts, but enough is enough! I am tired of getting ripped off buy yhe middle man. Everyone deserves to make money for providing a service, but come on, $500 to $750 for coating, are they out of their minds.

Check the other things on my website out. i just put some stuff up about Raptor Titanium foot pegs- They are identical to those $5000 "factory" foot pegs and are less then $300 to your door from Great Britain

My website is committed to helping the motocross community being informed about the best "Real Deal" products out there. I only review "non standard" stuff. Companies that give a great product for a great price......

Hope all my info helps Moto people out

Wait a sec, you're sending people to ionbond without even trying the service yourself first? :smirk:

There is MUCH more to a coating then meets the eye. You can't just coat a used fork tube because most likely, it has imperfections in it from normal wear. You first need to remove ALL the imperfections from the tube by running it through a lathe. Then it needs to be analyzed by a professional who can determine wether it will coat properly or not. The thickness is critical of the coating and the type of coating used on exposed components is completely different then used on internal motor components.

Finally, the services Pro Circuit and FC provide include disassembly, lathing the component, shipping it and putting it back together again.

You can call Danny @ FC and have long chat with him about coatings. He can explain to you that there is much more to it then dropping off a set of forks.

Ohh and so people don't have to fish through a "third party" web site: http://www.ionbond.com/dynasite.cfm?dsmid=84849

I had mine done in tin years ago and noticed zero difference in stiction

I had mine done in tin years ago and noticed zero difference in stiction

Well, thats a very good point!

Fork legs usually arn't the culprit, usually the push rod and area where the valve slides on the inside chamber are what cause stiction.