sprocket changes on CRF250R

Iam looking for advice or suggestions on how to make my 250R more trail friendly. I mean what sprockets can i put on to give it more torque especially in first gear. i struggle on technical sections with the gearing as it is. Will changing the sprockets help or must i rather put a 18" rear wheel on, or must i add weight to the flywheel. OR ALL OF THE ABOVE.

HELP

I have an KX250F and I decided to go from a 13/48 stock gear ratio to 13/50, when I got my new rear sprocket my chain was to short, my mistake there. Instead of ordering a new chain $$$ I just ordered a Tusk 12t front sprocket from Rockymountain for like $8 and put it on. It makes it so much easier to ride in tight, technical sections, just remember that as much as it effects your low end it effects top end speed just as much.

Go to a 12T front sprocket, cheapest/easiest solution. Makes a world of difference in the tight stuff..... But I will warn you, the front end gets a little happy!?

Don't waste your money on a heavy flywheel, they're meant for 2-strokes.

I use a 12T on my '05 for tight trails, then swap back to the 13T on the open stuff.?:bonk:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...