Sign in to follow this  

Ohio Central Ohio Riders

Hey Guys im Back into it after 11+ yrs

just purchased a abused yz400f that im in the process

of pulling apart and a giving a good cleaning and tune up

for a winter project.

Sound off if you know of some good places to ride other than Perry, HH

Wayne and if you wouldnt mind a tag along!

Delaware , Ohio

Steve

welcome i am from the Delaware area myself by s. section line and st rt 42s I am currently building a practice track and a wood's trail loop out by my place i do know of a couple of other spots but 4x4 trucks have gotten to them so current condition is unknown

If you want to do some real off-roading, then get a license plate for that YZ. The local ACES organization has several clubs that put on some killer enduros and dual sports in southern Ohio. The first one is in March. Check aces-races.com

There is an indoor moto track in Anna that is fun. ohiomotocrossarena.com

I've been looking at that online. looks like a lot of fun. Whats all involved in getting that bike street legal?

I've been looking at that online. looks like a lot of fun. Whats all involved in getting that bike street legal?

Not real hard, just plates an '04 SX. Go to BMV with title and tell them you need a body code change. They will go through a list of equipment required to be street legal. Answer yes to all and they will issue you a new title. Actually very easy.

theaton is exactly right. If the first BMV office gives you a hard time, try a different one.

Bought the bike off craigslist without a title. what hoops do i have to go through to get that?

Welcome back. Word of advice from a plated 426 owner, many of the enduros are doing sound checks and if your 400 is as loud as my 426. Well, plate or no plate they'll flag you. As for riding state of Federal lands Wayne and state areas require ORV plates last I heard and that means title. So you're now down to private land like crow canyon.

I'll stop before you really hate me. lol

Welcome back. Word of advice from a plated 426 owner, many of the enduros are doing sound checks and if your 400 is as loud as my 426. Well, plate or no plate they'll flag you. As for riding state of Federal lands Wayne and state areas require ORV plates last I heard and that means title. So you're now down to private land like crow canyon.

I'll stop before you really hate me. lol

not entirely true I always rode at wayne with no sticker never once had a problem

Perry State Forest rules require a bike is registered or plated for street legal use.

http://ohiodnr.com/Home/forests/faq/apv02perry/tabid/5193/Default.aspx

Wayne National Forest requires registration (or plate) and requires you get a permit (daily or annual) to use the trails.

http://www.waynenationalforest.com/wayneatv.htm

I live in central Ohio on the North side of Columbus. Plated '06 CRF250X. I wish there were more local trails. I usually ride Wayne NF, Perry SF and some of the dual sport rides in SE Ohio.

Im about 80% finished on my yz400f i bought last month. tore it down and cleaned the heck out of it. and replacing some necessary parts. Cant wait to get it going!

Welcome back Steve, I am from the Marion area, I usually ride at perry and Wayne national forest. I always welcome new riders to tag along. You will need a title and an ORV sticker to ride both places. I personally have witnessed a bike being taken away on a wrecker for not having proper registration.

Welcome back Steve, I am from the Marion area, I usually ride at perry and Wayne national forest. I always welcome new riders to tag along. You will need a title and an ORV sticker to ride both places. I personally have witnessed a bike being taken away on a wrecker for not having proper registration.

I road at Perry 3 times last year and the ranger came through every time. He even ran a trailer tag while we were sitting there. :smirk:

Thanks Guys. I've been to both places and deff. dont want to get caught with out my sticker or tag.

This guys bike sounds exhausted. lol

Edited by Buildit