Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Corcs 2012

I noticed the online registration is up and running for the new year. I talked to the promoter, and he said last years bike numbers will be held for last years riders until the 31st of January. After that they go back into the pot and are up for grabs by anyone.

www.corcs.net

I'm new to the series in '12, but am looking forward to the 1st one!

I noticed the online registration is up and running for the new year. I talked to the promoter, and he said last years bike numbers will be held for last years riders until the 31st of January. After that they go back into the pot and are up for grabs by anyone.

www.corcs.net

Clint call me at 303-901-1480

Can you guys give me some more info on this series?

I am fairly new to riding and was hoping to get into some sort of organized event this year. I normally ride the mx tracks (usually Thunder Valley) and have ridden rampart and central city a handful of times. I am normally the slowest person on the tracks, but make it around at a consistent speed and hit most of the jumps (no doubles). On the trails I feel like I am capable of doing all the non expert trails I have been introduced to, just not the fastest.

I would like to try mx races, but don't think I am there yet. If this series is what I think it is, I think I would have much more fun than a mx race.

Should I be concerned about the difficulty of the races? I don't mind being last, but don't want to end up not being able to make it through an area or holding up other riders.

The time of the races also concerns me a bit. If I am white knuckling it the whole time I will never make it an hour and half. At Thunder Valley, I only make it 4 or 5 laps before I need to take a break right now.

Should I hold off until I get better, or is this the type of series that I should try out? Be real with me guys, I don't mind my ego taking a hit in place of being in way over my head with guys flying by me and me affecting their races.

Edited by jrhurt

jrhurt, The Hare scrambles that VDR runs thru the winter and the CORCS series are a kick. They are a great value when you look at seat time for $ spent. Being a newer rider these series you are gonna want to make a goal of finishing. You do need to pace yourself, and learn to loosen up a little. If you have a buddy that will race too, you can enter a team class and switch off between 2 riders to give yourself a break. It will greatly improve your riding and you will get to meet a bunch of great people who will be very willing to help you out with whatever you need. I have raced quads for 10 years, hopped on a bike and went out and ironmanned the VDR series a couple years ago, I am very beginner on 2 wheels, but holding my line and pacing myself i got thru it and had a good time. (which is what it's all about) I say go for it. come out and meet some people and give it a try.

jrhurt - I started dirt biking in 2008 and, being a bit of a competition junkie, had the bug to try racing. MX was on my mind but when finally giving the Aztec MX track a try during open practice I very quickly realized the regulars make it look waaaay easier than it actually is. My riding experience is on mountain trails and very hard-pack track surface. Not the deep, soft, moist, sponge-like dirt at a preped MX track. Plus being in my upper-fourties I'm kinda cautious about taking extreme risks - I got a day job to go to. So last year I got up the nerve to try the CORCS races and was totally hooked. My first race I ran out of gas on the second to last lap and a very nice lady ran out to help me as I was pushing my bike back to the parking lot (it was 95 degrees that day). Bang for the buck the CORCS races are hard to beat. The first 2012 CORCS event is at Aztec -- where last year they used part of the MX track but excluded the bigger jumps and routed us off the track through other sections of the property and adjacent land. Loads of fun! As CQR said there are a lot of great people at these events. As far as surviving 1.5 hours these races you have to pace yourself, not like going all-out during a 15 minute moto. Worst case you slow down for a bit to catch your breath and adjust from there. And camelback type hydration systems are a must. Hope you make it.

Thanks for the replys. It sounds like the event is what I was hoping for. I think I will have to give it a try.

In the mean time, hopefully I can meet a few of you guys that will be riding in the series so I have somebody to pit with and take advice from. I will be riding Thunder Valley most weekends that we have some good weather (other than this weekend). Let me know if anybody wants to meet up sometime.

Thanks

Joey

Joey, I'm another new-ish racer. I've not participated in the CORCS series, but based on the commentary I'm looking forward to it. Most of my riding has been at Rampart or west near BV or Taylor Park, but I'm looking forward to playing around on the tracks as well.

Drop me a PM if you'd like to meet up some-time at Thunder Valley, Watkins, or somewhere else. I always have Friday afternoon's free. I've never been to Thunder Valley.

My racing days are behind me but I plan on taking my son to the CORCS races. The ones we make, I'd be happy to help anyone pit.

I don't know if I can handle the pressure of racing the 51 as fast as you did! You might be dissapointed in the results!

My racing days are behind me but I plan on taking my son to the CORCS races. The ones we make, I'd be happy to help anyone pit.

Dave are you going to have him run with the kids or with the adults in the C class?

He'll be in the Mini 3, 65cc Two Str. / Up to 125cc Four Str., 12 Yrs. Max class. He's only 10 and will be on a KTM 65

cool, maybe I'll see you out three if my daughter decides she wants to race this summer.

Updated info on the website: www.corcs.net

"The Unclassified race is a no points/no trophy class. It is for those who are not C riders, but would like to run in the shorter event. Examples would be riders who need to ride in that time slot, don't feel up to riding the full two hour event, or are tough guys and want to ride both races."

Uh-oh...is this gonna be like a video game for the A/B/Pros...whoever picks off the most C riders gets a free t-shirt, and double bonus points when they wreck 'em! :bonk:

Might make it a tough sell to convince friends to come out and try it with that added to the equasion. :smirk:

See how it goes...

Edited by SpiderG

"The Unclassified race is a no points/no trophy class. It is for those who are not C riders, but would like to run in the shorter event. Examples would be riders who need to ride in that time slot, don't feel up to riding the full two hour event, or are tough guys and want to ride both races."

Uh-oh...is this gonna be like a video game for the A/B/Pros...whoever picks off the most C riders gets a free t-shirt, and double bonus points when they wreck 'em! :bonk:

Might make it a tough sell to convince friends to come out and try it with that added to the equasion. :smirk:

See how it goes...

It won't be an issue past the first corner.

It won't be an issue past the first corner.

See??? I knew it! They're at it already. :smirk:

Edited by SpiderG

We are pleased to announce the completion of our schedule and the addition of a new venue to our series; PPIR Raceway. Not to be confused with Fountain Creek which has been mistakenly called this name in the past due to its close proximity, this event does actually take place at the PPIR Nascar facility.

This is an all new course, never before has a motorcycle laid tracks on this property. You can expect a faster, desert type course with lot's of 2-4th gear virgin sand wash's, some ruggedly challenging hills and crevices, and a few wide open sections to tie them all together.

We are really excited about our partnership with PPIR and think you guys are gonna love this event!

Round one at Aztec is just four weeks away, have you been practicing and training? We're looking forward to a competitive season.......almost time to get it on!!!!

www.corcs.net

I have been trying to practice but a broken rib and now the weather just keep screwing up my schedule. I was hoping to get out this weekend, but that snow yesterday screwed up those plans.