Sign in to follow this  

Hyde Racing

I am buying some Hyde products, skid plate and hand guards, and I am also interested in the frame guards. On the web site they indicate they are only for 2007 and newer 450x. I thought the frames did not change in except for the head angle. Does anyone have a 05-06 and a 07 to current to see if these would fit my 06.

Thanks in advance,

andy

I am buying some Hyde products, skid plate and hand guards, and I am also interested in the frame guards. On the web site they indicate they are only for 2007 and newer 450x. I thought the frames did not change in except for the head angle. Does anyone have a 05-06 and a 07 to current to see if these would fit my 06.

Thanks in advance,

andy

They fit all years the same.

2005:

IMG_0741.jpg

They fit all years the same.

2005:

IMG_0741.jpg

Thanks for the responses... it seems like they will fit but I want to clarify my question to Krannie since he seems to be the super 450x guru on this forum. I see that your bike (2005) has the skid plate but I am asking about the frame guards. On the website they have two different skid plates one for 2005-06 and another for 2007-current.

So specifically to the frame guards, is there a difference in the frame that would prevent me from using what they call "07 to current" frame guards on a 06?

Again thanks in advance,

andy

Thanks for the responses... it seems like they will fit but I want to clarify my question to Krannie since he seems to be the super 450x guru on this forum. I see that your bike (2005) has the skid plate but I am asking about the frame guards. On the website they have two different skid plates one for 2005-06 and another for 2007-current.

So specifically to the frame guards, is there a difference in the frame that would prevent me from using what they call "07 to current" frame guards on a 06?

Again thanks in advance,

andy

Good question. I don't know the answer. Call them up.

Good question. I don't know the answer. Call them up.

The only difference is the tank & shrouds. Everything else is the same. So maybe they list different parts because of that.

Suit yourself - I ordered a Hyde guard for my '12 KTM, but before I ordered, I contacted them to make sure it would fit - of course, they said yes!

I ordered, and when I attempted to install it, it was way off. When I re-contacted them, they were ignorant, and basically told me to pound salt - I live in Canada, and the shipping, duty and tax made it impossible to return, so I spent a lot of time and effort to make it fit - kind of.

Hopefully, you results vary.

El Mur.

• Like 1