Hello all, noob here, needs some questions

I bought a 2008 drz sm about two weeks ago. Nice bike but laid her while making a right turn, hit a oil slick and bike just went from under me. Anyhoot, im a noob when comes to bikes. The bike is find and was saved for the most part by my handgaurds I've installed and sliders, things are sweet! Only one scratch on the side i dropped it on.

Haven't gotten the bike that long, I've noticed the handle bars are slightly not align, its look like it's move to the right a bit. On the handle bar markings, it says the same numbers, in between 2 1/2 on both sides, like i said im a noob. Also, while riding I've notice the bars are to the right a bit. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! !

Not a biggie.

Probalby just twisted. Reember when you'd crash your bicycle and the bars would get twisted and you'd hold the wheel between your legs and straighten the bars? Motorcycles are the same except... you should loosen the tube bolts on the opper and lower clamps before you twist. After straightening and gently retightening the bolts, hold the front bake and work the suspension, ensure there is no binding.

Cool, awesome, thanks!! Will give it a try. Website is not mobile friendly?? Tried to load pics via mobile, but having a hard time...

Aslo, what do the numbers mean for the handle bar? For alignment?

Cool, awesome, thanks!! Will give it a try. Website is not mobile friendly?? Tried to load pics via mobile, but having a hard time...

Aslo, what do the numbers mean for the handle bar? For alignment?

Numbers? Meaning the ones right by the clamp? If so, yes, they air the user in getting the bar centered in the clamp, and gauge fore / aft position.

Pics are only loadable to the site if you are a Team client (also gets rid of the ads) otherwise load them to a host server, your own or one of the free ones. You then link them in your post.. and that seems to work form a mobile device (im using an I pad as I type this) or a lap top, desk top system

yeah i would say you twisted them and the bars might be fine, have someone stand and hold the wheel inbetween there legs, and someone else sit on bike to straighten, retighten and keep adjusting until you feel its straight...then again you could have bent handlebars but its not as likely, i have twisted mine like 3 or 4 times just from dropping it in the woods...