Sign in to follow this  

Anyone see this yet? Very cool

They`ll have to put a sound system on that POS that plays through a big speaker built into the side panel that makes a Braappppppp noise whenever i twist the throttle before i ride one.......

Let`s face it,,,the smell of gas,the vibration,,the noise is what makes a tech like me keep working on and loving my mechanical toys......pluggin my ride into a wall socket just ain`t gonna cut it..

B

I agree but I did think it was impressive if you read the specs. Technology has came along way

I am to damn old to be impressed by the green beany electric motorcycles. I enjoy the simplicity of an old XR that is easy to work on. Hell, i get frustrated enough at my 05 CRF250 with its wonderful titanium valves and high maintenance. I wish things would get a little simpler rather than complex. Sometime, and to some people, technology is not a good thing.

Right on . I agree about the xr. I have an xr650l and I love it. Just thought some of you would get. Kick out of the electric stuff. And yes the crf250r does have issues. Lots of issues

sorry not spending 11,000$ for 100 mile range, 300lbs, 80 mph top speed....

Plus it still has a chain, with an added belt so maintenance wont be a huge difference, minus oil changes...all 2 quarts.

With the same money you could get a fz8 or something that is such a grin to ride, its worth the 10$ fillup.:smirk:

It is funny because I own an electric bicycle retail store, but that is a different ball game where the competition is human power vs electric, Electric wins out.

But electric vs gas.....maybe in 30 more years.

Plus it still has a chain, with an added belt so maintenance wont be a huge difference, minus oil changes...all 2 quarts.

With the same money you could get a fz8 or something that is such a grin to ride, its worth the 10$ fillup.:smirk:

It is funny because I own an electric bicycle retail store, but that is a different ball game where the competition is human power vs electric, Electric wins out.

But in 30 years, all the people who are pushing for green electric power will have managed to close down every place to ride.

Cannot beat a breathing engine, turn the sound down on your PC and watch the video...rubbish to say the least the sound and feel of a petrol engine cannot be replaced as mentioned these bikes will become the norm I am sure and might suit new generations of kids as they grow up with them but to ride a bike with no engine.....no ta.

Cannot beat a breathing engine, turn the sound down on your PC and watch the video...rubbish to say the least the sound and feel of a petrol engine cannot be replaced as mentioned these bikes will become the norm I am sure and might suit new generations of kids as they grow up with them but to ride a bike with no engine.....no ta.

Kids won't grow up riding these things. They will be too busy staying indoors and playing video games, building no motivation, and further establishing the genertation of entitlement.

Heck, I wouldn't even settle for an electric bicycle, go Honda!

4rstqd.jpg

Kids won't grow up riding these things. They will be too busy staying indoors and playing video games, building no motivation, and further establishing the genertation of entitlement.

concur...

I'd like to try one, just to check it out and thrash it, then give it back..

dirt bike with out sound and no engine to work on would not be even close to as fun. top speed of 86km/h is pretty slow as well and 9inchs of suspension travel and a 16inch wheel is pretty lame.