08 KX250F suggested mods

Hi All,

So I picked up an 08 kx250F this past year, and before I started riding it I got the Forks, rebuilt and the shock adjusted for my height and weight.

So far I've got a new UNI air filter, k&n oil filter, Mobile one 10w40 4 cycle moto oil, and Tall seat (not sure I like it yet)

Any other suggested mods for this bike? I'd like to get an aftermarket exhaust, but the damn things cost more than a catback exhaust for my truck!

Also what sprockets are people running, been using the stock gearing and it seems okay for now as I'm still getting comfortable on the dirt.

Thanks to all in advance.

go 1 tooth bigger on the rear sprocket. I would recommend a slip on exhaust due to the fact the stock is extremely loud and raspy, an aftermarket sounds much better and you lose a little weight too, you can find nice used ones on ebay all the time.

also if you have not done it yet, do the team green jetting specs, it really makes a huge difference.

thanks guys! I've got an asv on the brake lever, and will be putting the sprocket, slipon, and jetting specs on the list

also since I bought this bike used, and it didn't have an hour meter on it whats the best what to check the valves? I've adjusted the valves on my 99 GSXR 750 I4, and I'm thinking the 250f? Can I check them without dropping the motor or is it just easier to take it out of the frame?

Thanks again!

yeah I think I will be checking the valves this weekend at it seems to be a quick and easy job.

Do you all have any input of these -

Billet Handlebar Mounts KX250F Triple Clamp KXF KX 250F 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110770938307?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Seems that they would make the bar mounts rigid, and possibly lead to bending or damaging the the bars and triple? I mean there is a reason kawasaki put washers and rubber mounts in there right?