Sign in to follow this  

2004 CR250 Vibration...Help Please...

Hi TT,

I purchased a 2004 CR250 over the holiday. It's bone stock with approximately 5 hours on the engine...still have the stems on the tires.

Been a while since I ripped around on a 2-stroke so this may be an old issue, but the bike seems to vibrate really badly. I've seen some other posts about the vibration so I'm guessing it was common to the model.

I'm looking at an RG3 Triple Clamp, and I'm also considering the FasstCo Flexx bars; I'm told that those things are miracle workers for vibrating 2 strokes.

If ANYONE has any advice out there, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm not looking to enter a national; just keep up with my boys who are B class 85 racers and really good. If it matters, I'm 6' tall and weigh 200 lbs. I also don't have a ton of cash to spend either.

Looking forward to the advice and hope all of you that read this have a blessed 2012. Thanks.

Chris

I don’t know about the vibrations, but at 200lbs. you should consider re-springing the suspension to get it to handle properly. Stock springs are under sprung for your weight.

Also consider height rise bar clamps to accommodate you size.

Your going to have that vibration with the CR no matter what! I Installed the Applied Racing clamps on my 2000 cr 250 and renthal fat bars it cuts down the vibration a bit but It will always be there... also cr250mx is right you will be much happier with the resprung suspension set up for you!

Just a thought, my bud had a similar vibration, he changed his chain and sprockets and installed the front sprocket backwards (wrong side out), we fixed it at the track and found the cure.

I bought a 2004 CR250 this year and ran into a similar issue. Bought the RG3 triple clamps and the issue is almost completely gone!

Ive noticed good bit of vibration with my new 02 aswell. It's already got the PC adjustable triple clamps and a fat bar. It sounds pretty common though.

I have the same year bike and don't notice that problem. I just recently put on a flywheel weight for trail riding. In the instructions it said to look for oil inside the flywheel area. If there is it could be a sign of a worn crank seal which will cause engine vibration and should be fixed before installing the weight. Being that your bike has low hrs this probably isn't the problem but it doesnt hurt to check.

Be sure to check your motor mount because when i had my 03 in first the guy ran with the 2 bottom mount loose and the motor grinded the frame mount

Now i had to put a washer between the frame and the motor.

Most part of vibration is gone

Some good solutions mentioned. I would add trying some nice pillow-top type grips to the list as well. These seem to make a difference to me.