Sign in to follow this  

found a frame and have a ?

i found a 99 frame for $80 locally. the only issue i see with it is a dent on the lower right frame tube in front of the lower motor mount. should i shy away from this frame cause of the dent or is it worth it to get it?

heres the pictures he sent. i just want a good opinion before i buy or dont buy the frame.

100_3358.jpg

100_3357.jpg

also, it was green and painted silver at some point.

skidplates for them stump jumpers...:smirk:..I'd offer him $50 if thats all that is wrong...but it needs some work huh.

Theres a 2000 on ebay that looks better for $49 + $29 shipping at current bid or buy it now for $100 shipped from PA.

skidplates for them stump jumpers...:smirk:..I'd offer him $50 if thats all that is wrong...but it needs some work huh.

Theres a 2000 on ebay that looks better for $49 + $29 shipping at current bid or buy it now for $100 shipped from PA.

he wants $80 for the subframe as well if it is in decent condition. i told him i wasnt buying the subframe. to me, thats to much money.

Grand Rapids is a drive from here. I can send you the ebay link to the one that ends tomorrow.($80 shipped if no bids). He has a number you can call to ask more questions. He did not post a picture of the bottom of the frame so not sure if it has any dents like that one you posted but it looks pretty good. Atleast it looks like it has never been spray painted....:smirk: and it has pegs/rear brake foot pedal and a few other bits on it.

LMK

as of right now, i think ive decided not to change things right now. when i get more money saved, maybe than. im moving soon so i just will get my bike back together and ride it the way it is. ill collect the needed parts when i get a chance.

as of right now, i think ive decided not to change things right now. when i get more money saved, maybe than. im moving soon so i just will get my bike back together and ride it the way it is

:bonk: yeah I think thats a rational decision. Wait and do it up with a 2010 or newer AF anyways...:smirk:

:smirk: yeah I think thats a rational decision. Wait and do it up with a 2010 or newer AF anyways...:bonk:

i was looking at the frames on ebay, those things are not cheap in any way shape or form.:lol:

You seen that 2006 for $155 shipped or best offer.....but then you add the subframe and it gets pricey. Its just a pipe dream for me right now. I will probably just leave my 94 as is.

I did notice today while ripping up some frozen earth that this bike does not feel as railed turning as my CR's did and the brakes are not as hard.......but the pads are pretty worn and I have not flushed any old fluids from the brake lines either. I do have a leak somewhere in the bottom end. I noticed fresh tranny fluid on the floor after I parked it.....so the engine needs to come back out and inspected abit more.

check your clutch cover. i always seem to have issues with them weeping for some reason. as does the crush washer on the drain plug. i hate when my bike leaks. its my pet peave. i also always seem to have the water pump covers leak whenever i put new gaskets on.

i havent been on ebay in a few days now. i baught complete oil seals and some cool clear green vent lines. next will be gaskets and possibly the silicone green water lines as my original coolent lines have hard and soft spots in them. its the little things that add up but worth the money.

id love to do an af conversion. thats what my original idea for the 125 frame was. but that was going to be a cr500af. just couldnt find a reasonably priced 500. oh well. doing a kx250af would be badass.

well, i bought the frame. about done with fixing it. the dent is almost gone.

How do you know it's straight and not bent/twisted from whatever struck the frame that hard?

How do you know it's straight and not bent/twisted from whatever struck the frame that hard?

it was chance i took. everything lines up and bolted on with no issues.

how did you fix it...body filler? I thought you had learned your lesson but apparently not..... :smirk:

Post pics man. Whens the motor going to be ready?

i i heated it and worked most of the dent out. than i welded it up. worked pretty good. my next option was making a jig to hold the frame in place and cut out the tubing from my old frame. than cut out the bad section from the new frame and replace it. as for the motor, i just ordered another new trans bearing from ebay.