Sign in to follow this  

What does the G mean in 525 EXC G

California green sticker approved. Some sort of CARB requirement to register?

Cheers,

MrHix

don't even try to make sence of KTM's model numbers/designations... :smirk:

...several of the RFS era bikes were "EXC-G Racing"...my 06 400 has that designation.

cheers

actually it was origionally for the green sticker but they quickly realised all the bikes were the same and dropped the G, so basicly it means nothing!

AHA! Thanks. Sounds like it means emissions crap needs to come off.

not true, they never had any emmision crap, all the bike were the same, no emmision stuff until the 07 street legal EXC's came out.

not true, they never had any emmision crap, all the bike were the same, no emmision stuff until the 07 street legal EXC's came out.

Ok...thanks...thats what it was actually...a 2007 EXC.

Ok...thanks...thats what it was actually...a 2007 EXC.

Ah, then it was street legal, the bike was 50 state, so still all the same. in CA if you have a street plate you do not need an off road sticker (the green or red thing you read about) you can ride it anywhere.

Yes you can ride it anywhere however if it's plated you must keep the Street legal stuff on at all times(mirors-blinkers)and you must have current registration and insurance papers with you. Not exactly convenient. Some people do a dual registration (plated and sticker) so all they do is re install blinkers and mirrors after trail riding all day.

Yes you can ride it anywhere however if it's plated you must keep the Street legal stuff on at all times(mirors-blinkers)and you must have current registration and insurance papers with you. Not exactly convenient. Some people do a dual registration (plated and sticker) so all they do is re install blinkers and mirrors after trail riding all day.

yep, my 525 is dual registered for that reason, so If i want I can take all that crap off and ride off road only, though anymore I just leave it on LOL