Sign in to follow this  

2012 klx 250 need more power!

I recently purchased a 2012 klx 250s. im used to the two strokes, any ideas for more low end power. ive already installed a jet kit and a FMF power core exhaust.

Take the lid off of the airbox, or, at least the snorkle. What are your re-jet settings? Next up: MORE CC'S...Bill Blue Big Bore. Best bang for the buck!

with all the complaints Kawasaki has surely gotten about power on this bike looks to me like they should have made it a 350 to begin with. it would have been cheaper on everybody.... remove airbox lid , bore it to 350, rejet , exhaust , port the head, regear it. or trade it on bigger bike...theres a guy on craigs that has spent apprx 3 grand on his in extras it has 2700 miles on it . he wants 3500 for it.....i think its a 2010.

theres a guy on craigs that has spent apprx 3 grand on his in extras it has 2700 miles on it . he wants 3500 for it.....i think its a 2010.

Sounds about right! :smirk:

There is that old saying that there is no substitution for displacement. I have the 06 and I jetted it 132 and 40, air box lid off, and the full Muzzy. Also dropped the sprockets from 14-42 to 13-45. It all helps. But really if you are wanting that kind of power, you should do the big bore kit or trade it in for a DRZ 400 or Honda 650. :smirk:

just bought a bb 351 kit everyone i have talked to loves it and no problems with reliability either. Everyone says its the best bang for your buck i will let you know how it turns out.