Sign in to follow this  

450sxf Factory Edition

looks good i wonder if the 250/350 2013 KTMs with be redesigned, chassis and motors etc

Nice bike, I was torn between it and the 300 XC. I am an old two stroke guy that bought a 2008 450 SX-F and really liked the bike but never developed the same love for the bike as I had for my 300 MXC. So I ordered a 2012 300 XC, should be here later this month.

http://www.ktm.com/us/enduro/300-xc-usaeu.html

looks good i wonder if the 250/350 2013 KTMs with be redesigned, chassis and motors etc

They are doing a face lift for 2013, so maybe they'll do an updated motor/chassis as well.

I'm still shocked they're doing this special edition machine, its very unlike KTM. In this case, they had no choice homologation rules are pretty straight forward and I'm excited they choose this route. :smirk:

Holy asses of fire.....I may need to poop. The only question will be if we can put all that funky plastic on our current 11 and 12 frames. Thats a lot of money foer a dirt bike man....

KTM is walkin' the walk.

I'm still shocked they're doing this special edition machine, its very unlike KTM. In this case, they had no choice homologation rules are pretty straight forward and I'm excited they choose this route. :smirk:

Suddenly my carb'd '12 seems outdated... :bonk:
Oh boy! :lol:
:smirk: So this is how it starts, eh? :lol:
Oh Yes!

I see all the usual suspects. Scott I really think this is the bike for you, unless you want my 450 then I really think its the bike for me! :lol:

I am dying to get this bike, not sure I can wait until the end of February, hopefully it gets here sooner!!

It will be interesting to see how the motor compares to the proven dbl overhead cam which may be the best 450 motor out there. Honda has the only single cam and it is one of the softest motors. There is a 4.4 lb weight savings but that may be offset by the fi. I hope it is better than the 350 turned out to be after all of the hype. If it is, I may be upgrading again in 2013.

I agree. I wonder if the new motor will be as reliable as my 2011 450 sxf. I spoke with my local dealer, and you never know if they are being truthful, but he said that any dealer that wants the new 450 has to order between january 3 to the 10th. Hmmmm is it worth it?

It's hard to consider this bike as a real factory edition.

Aside from the orange frame and black rims, everything else (exhaust, triples, hubs....) is stock.

It will be interesting to see how the motor compares to the proven dbl overhead cam which may be the best 450 motor out there. Honda has the only single cam and it is one of the softest motors. There is a 4.4 lb weight savings but that may be offset by the fi. I hope it is better than the 350 turned out to be after all of the hype. If it is, I may be upgrading again in 2013.

My 05 crf 450 had an incredible motor and it was single cam of course, and the 08 hond 450 motor was one of the strongest motors going back then, also single cam. I do agree the 09 up honda motors are weak compared to the earlier ones though, maybe related to fuel injection?

I see all the usual suspects. Scott I really think this is the bike for you, unless you want my 450 then I really think its the bike for me! :smirk:

:bonk: