In The Middle Of A Project

Guys, I need your help. I have a 2005 KTM 250EXC (2 stroke of course) and I took the head off of the sleeve and now I'm getting ready to take the sleeve off but on the brake side (right side) on the sleeve there's a cover with three bolts and I think that is the only thing holding me up. There's some type of rod with a ball on the top end and the rod looks like it goes down into the transmission. I think it's the power valve but not too sure but what is it and how do I disconnect it to pull the sleeve off? Any help would be great.

I took part of it off but there is a thing on the end of the ball that is connected to it that kinda looks like an eight. That's what I need to get off.

P.S. I have a picture of it but I'm not sure how to post it yet. I will get one up when I can figure it out.

Edited by Brody133

Just rotate the little wire retainer a bit, then you should be able to pull it off. Then pop the ball off of the socket.

BTW....don't drop the clip in the tranny, I hear it's a pain in the ass to get out ?

Thanks a lot man. I really appreciate it. Yeah I got the clip off and stuff but what I didn't know was the ball is socketed. Cause I seen that and thought how in the heck does that come off?! Sorry if the question was stupid but I'm self-teaching myself.