Sign in to follow this  

In The Middle Of A Project

Guys, I need your help. I have a 2005 KTM 250EXC (2 stroke of course) and I took the head off of the sleeve and now I'm getting ready to take the sleeve off but on the brake side (right side) on the sleeve there's a cover with three bolts and I think that is the only thing holding me up. There's some type of rod with a ball on the top end and the rod looks like it goes down into the transmission. I think it's the power valve but not too sure but what is it and how do I disconnect it to pull the sleeve off? Any help would be great.

I took part of it off but there is a thing on the end of the ball that is connected to it that kinda looks like an eight. That's what I need to get off.

P.S. I have a picture of it but I'm not sure how to post it yet. I will get one up when I can figure it out.

Edited by Brody133

Post in the KTM technical section for that particular bike and you'll get better answers. Probably quicker too.

Just rotate the little wire retainer a bit, then you should be able to pull it off. Then pop the ball off of the socket.

BTW....don't drop the clip in the tranny, I hear it's a pain in the ass to get out :smirk:

Just rotate the little wire retainer a bit, then you should be able to pull it off. Then pop the ball off of the socket.

BTW....don't drop the clip in the tranny, I hear it's a pain in the ass to get out :smirk:

Thanks a lot man. I really appreciate it. Yeah I got the clip off and stuff but what I didn't know was the ball is socketed. Cause I seen that and thought how in the heck does that come off?! Sorry if the question was stupid but I'm self-teaching myself.

Ok, update, I just bent the rod that the ball is on, what's the easiest way to straighten it?