Sign in to follow this  

older model tm manuals?

I have just bought my first TM its a 1998 125 enduro model, since ive had it i have been searching for manuals online but cant find anything for models older than 2000, can anyone help me out in regards to finding one?

Cheers Bryce

ok then i find that abit odd...but seeing as i have spent hours upon hours looking around i beleive you

I have never seen an "operators manual" in English from TM. There are some "set-up" guides for the newer ('10-'11) TM's in English, and they do not cover a wide variety of topics if my memory is solid. BTW all of the parts fisches are only in Italian......I guess it's a find the item...get the number.....ignore the text deal.

Try this link, it's free and works pretty good. http://www.microsofttranslator.com/

Copy the text you want to translate and paste it into the translator box, voila, now it's in English..once you set it up.

Edited by originaldirt
additional info.

for the older TMs, there are no manuals, just exploded part diagrams. From what I've found, all of the older manual are in italian. I used a software called babylon to translate my manuals. You can get it on a free trial and it works far better then the Google translator. The newer manual come in both english and Italian. Then you can have your manual and the newer manual to help translate.

Good luke

thanks for the help then guys .. another thing i thought of for older model tm's i cant seem to find any graphics for the 98 model? anyone ever found any?

thanks for the help then guys .. another thing i thought of for older model tm's i cant seem to find any graphics for the 98 model? anyone ever found any?

These guys have graphics for 2000 to 2011 models, just fitted a set to my 04. Not sure how similar the 00 plastics are to the 98? http://www.moto-stylemx.com/eshop/store/kategoria/41/tm

Biggest negative of the TMs for me is that you can't just jump on the internet and easily buy a used, new or aftermarket part. The older the TM the harder it gets too.

i know the shrouds and tank is different not sure about fenders but thanks.. yea i knew parts would be hard to find but the price i got it for i had to jump at it.. clutch isnt engaging atm i think because the piston isnt moving up and down but like i said for the price i felt i had to buy it

As for graphics, Pete Vetrano at Moto Man may have a source for custom graphics for the older TM's. He has restored several pre 2000 TM's. Try him 909-608-0082.

does he have a website or an email adress? not to keen to call him from Australia

There is a guy in france i dealt with before, he has good english spoken & will reply to emails in english,

http://tomoffroad.com/

I have bought meca systems gear from him & he always has interesting graphics from various french teams for TM's & general TM gear you wont find elsewhere.- well worth an email to him..

Also he has links to other TM sites (mostly french) but with the translator you can usually make out whats going on!! (lots of talk of garlic & bread!!)