Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust YZ144?

hey everyone, ive tried using the search, and didnt find what i was looking for, if anyone has a link to the thread, please post it.

Im currently in the proccess of building a 144 for my 05. what is the best pipe/silencer combo? I will be racing both motocross and harescrambles. i was thinking DEP? i currently have a FMF fatty and turbinecore 2 silencer. Thanks in advance for any input!:smirk:

I just put a post up similar to yours. From what I've read the FMF fatty is probably a decent setup. I think I'm going to go with the DEP torque setup. They claim it's best for the 144, but it's designed for a wide, broad powerband, which is what the FMF fatty is setup for. The turbine silencer might be preventing your bike from revving out a bit more, but you'll gain bottom end out of it, so it depends what your doing with it. I ride mostly motocross, so like the smaller silencers (pro circuit 304 works nice)

If I was you, I'd wait until the 144 setup is done, and ride the bike with the FMF system on there. If you don't like it, change it accordingly, ie if you want more revs, or move bottom end, but seeing as how you have the FMF already, you might be set.

You having someone build the 144, like Eric Gorr or Pro Circuit, or you doing the Athena kit? If you haven't bought anything yet, I'd recommend the Eric Gorr or Pro Circuit route. I've had a Eric Gorr setup and an Athena kit, and like the Eric Gorr setup way more. More power and less failures. The Athena kit tends to blow head gaskets, and break power valves.

HGS and Doma both offer a 144 set up so they would be obvious choices, and DEP are the only pipes you should look at if you want your 144 to have the best performance. These pipes will really wake a 144 up. Those are the pipes that I would stick with anyways.