Sign in to follow this  

fork and shock spring ?

how can you tell if the springs are factory or aftermarket. i tore my forks down to clean and change the fluid as it wasnt done that i know of. my question on the fork springs is, the plastic part that runs inside the spring was shaved from what i can tell to fit inside the spring. the spring is fairly tightly wound. i cant snap off any pics as the forks are on the bike..

now the rear shock spring is silver in color so i am to assume its stock but im not sure. there isnt any stickers on the bike from a possible suspension shop. what do i need to look for thay can tell me if they are indeed aftermarket or stock?

The plastic piece, spring guide, has a tendency to get caught up in the spring. If you can, thread it off and shave down the edges so it fits better.

To determine your spring rate, you can build a tester (search the suspension forum) or bring them to a suspension shop.

so the suspension has had work at some point in time.

one other question. i had picked up pivot works fork seals for my 05 yz450f years ago that i no longer own. they fit a wide range of bikes including the kx250. but they say they are for the 02-07 model. will they fit the 94-99 forks? if not, i will be trying to get rid of them.

awwww man, nothing seems to go my way...lol well, i have something i dont need and cant use.:smirk:

Supposed to be purple.

i have the purple fork guards and did have the purple seat cover. i hate purple