Sign in to follow this  

Newer yz250's?

Hey there everybody hope all of you are having a good year so far!:smirk:

Just out of curiosity how many of you guys have or have ridden any of 2010-pressent yz250's? Just looking to get some reviews on them! Any response is helpful!

I had an 07 and this is my opinion. I think from 08 up all the yz250s are nearly identical except for the silencer, and the graphics.

And from what i heard, 99-present, the motors are nearly identical as well. They really didnt do too much to the 10+ yz250s, except for graphics, i think little suspension changes(sorry i cant remember), and i thought they changed the cylinder head too but i maybe wrong.

My knowledge of the Yz250:

05- got the new aluminum frame

06 new pipe (i think), SSS suspension, swingarm was changed a little, adjustable handlebar position, titanium rear shock spring, and new brake pads and caliper.

07- pretty much the same bike from what i know,

08- i believ the 08 got smaller calipers

And pretty much from 08 to present the bike is nearly the same. i think they all would handle about the same and everything.:bonk:

The Yz250s are just wonderful bikes!:lol:

I would love to get a newer 10+ smoker to keep em alive and to show yamaha that they are important to us riders and to show em that 2 STROKES ARE NOT DEAD!!!!!!!!!:smirk::lol::lol::lol:

thanks man and all of this was my opinion and some stuff may need some correction. Correct me if im wrong

thanks and god bless

Alex

Thanks man, i'm currently riding a '93 cr250 and absolutely love it, but some day i would like to get a newer 2-smoker and would like to stay in the jap bikes, I know ktm makes pretty good 2-smokers but i guess i'm just partial to the jap bikes! Unfortunately i see yamaha quitting on the 2-smoker but they might keep making them because none of the other brands (jap brands) will. I don't think that ktm will ever quit making 2 strokes considering how many models they make but a lot of european riders (enduro) still ride them

My buddy has a 11 ktm250xc smoker and i love it!!! but tell you the truth the yamaha is better in my opinion. The suspension and the motor are way better!!! The yamaha yz250 can be set up to be the ultimate woods weapon:thumbsup:

I have a '10 YZ250 and I really enjoy it. If you enjoy riding two strokes, you can't go wrong with the YZ. They have great suspension and excellent power delivery.

I have a 06 144 and picked up a 11 yz250 this summer,after getting the suspension tuned an a set of flexx bars just as easy to ride as the 144 but with tons of hp an fun on tap.

I have an 08, my buddy has a brand new 11 that he got right at the end of this past season. Identical bike. Nothing has changed. Solid bike as always.

I have an '06. I haven't felt the need to replace it with anything else, because it is just about perfect.

I haven't been on here in a looooonnnnnngggg time, but I've got an 06 250 and can't complain. It just keeps going no matter what

My buddy has a 11 ktm250xc smoker and i love it!!! but tell you the truth the yamaha is better in my opinion. The suspension and the motor are way better!!! The yamaha yz250 can be set up to be the ultimate woods weapon:thumbsup:

Those are 2 completely different bikes, you can't really compare the 2. Isn't the xc a woods bike? Ride the yz and sx back to back and tell us what you think. I rode a guys 300exc and it doesn't even compare to my yz295. I feel this way because I love the hit of my engine, the xc's are more mellow due to their gearing for the woods.

MAX!!!

The vast majority of the time I ride a 2007 YZ250 smoker and I absolutely love its power delivery for woods riding. Instant power right when I need it. No hesitatations, bogs or any of that crap. After replacing the stock springs and having the suspension re-valved I couldn't be happier with it for any type of trail riding conditions. The bike works great for MX track riding as well--although I don't do very much of that these days. I should probably add that the bike has been 100% reliable since purchasing it new in April of 2007. Routine maintenance is all that I have had to do to the bike to date.